X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us yer Avon...Inflated!

This is my baby-your turn guys!

Re: Show us yer Avon...Inflated!

My baby when I was in the Coast Guard. 17' RHI.
    “We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we are borrowing it from our children.”

Comment

Cool! That's the next one up from mine-should be an sr5.4?

Comment

Oh my God!!! That is crazy! I can't believe you guys didn't flip doing that! Was that running a 70 or 90 hp motor?

Comment

That was with a 70hp rude. The boat was amazingly balanced. The motorcycle style seat was offset to the side to counter the rotational force of the engine. That's why it stays relatively level in flight. The boat is also very bottom heavy so the center of gravity is actually below the water line. The boat just wants to stay upright. Even pitchpoling is a relatively small danger. When airborne, the hull and pontoons act like a giant wing. When shooting the boat straight up in the air off the crest of a wave. The motor weight pulls the boat back down stern first every time as the bow flares out for a nice soft landing. Incredible boats! By far the most seaworthy boats made for their size.
          “We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we are borrowing it from our children.”

Comment

My first boat was a 1995 8' Avon Redstart with a 3 HP Tonaka. I still have it, but use a 12' inflatable sports boat now. We just started boating this past August.Here is a link to more pictures of it. http://home.blarg.net/~alfelker/familyk/CaptainAl.htm
            Four Winns 365 Express Cruiser, '91, Twin 454 (7.4 l) Crusader gas engines w/ V-Drive transmissions.

Bayliner Contessa Designer Edition (28'), '86 Volvo Penta 5.7 l w/ duo props

Rendova 320 (12'), '01, RIB w/ 40 HP Yamaha

Comment

I had a redcrest for a while-excellent little boat. My dad owned mine previously and it was 30 years old when I sold it and still stayed inflated.

Comment

Working...
              X