Astro boat owners

cmjust0

Seaman
Re: Astro boat owners

Hey everybody.. Just thought I'd chime in.. I've had a 1992 Astro Stealth 15B (or S-15B, depending...a little 15' bassboat) with a 70hp Force (by Merc) on it.. I've owned it since 2002, and I gotta say...it's been better to me than I've been to it! It had sat out in the weather for a number of years before I got it, so, a little rough.. I kept it tarped or put up in the barn until 2007 and kinda let it go after that.. She sat in the weeds until this year so she's a little rougher than she used to be.. Oddly enough, though, everything still works! Only had a fuel guage -- it works. Trolling motor still works. Nav lights still work.. Trailer lights still work. And best of all, with fresh gas and a fresh battery, the motor fired up like we'd been to the lake yesterday.

I had *no clue* this boat was a ProCraft cousin...maybe that's why I liked it so much when I first saw it, because ProCraft is still one of my favorite all-time manufacturers.. I'd *love* to find about an 18' Astro or ProCraft F/S with something Merc or Force on it, but hey...like I told the guy with the big 20+' Ranger tournament boat I saw out fishing the other day...I've got a boat that runs right, so I'm not complaining!

:)

Pacnwimages

Recruit

I bought a 1968 Astro Starflite 16' boat this summer and am in the process of partially restoring it. It is a great boat for a 16'er. Hull is solid and holds it's ground on the Columbia River up here in Washington State.

My title also reads "STARLITE" instead of "STARFLITE"

Any comments on this boat would be great.

Safe Boating,
DaveAstro-3.jpgAstro-1.jpgAstro-2.jpg

veritek_dragger

Seaman Apprentice

Hey there gang! I scored recently on a killer deal from a ex bass pro that kept the boat meticulously! Its been an amazing boat so far, nothing but compliments and was even on the cover of Basswest magazine at one point. I believe it is the S20B tournament edition. 20'5" with Mariner 200 magnum EFI. Runs great with trophy 4 blade stainless prop and jack plate. Smooth as silk on pad, no chine walk and is a 70+ mph boat. I've inspected the inside of the stern, and the hand laid hull is very well made with quality glass. He outfitted it with Pinpoint electronics and a 80 lb. Minn Kota Maxxum that rocks. Couldnt ask for a better deal....passed on a 21 ft triton for this boat because the Astro is the only single console 20+ boat I could find- never looked back!View attachment 119248View attachment 119249View attachment 119250

rcompton73

Recruit

BOUGHT MY 1998 1850DC BOAT BACK IN MARCH OF 1999. HAD A COUPLE OF PROBLEMS WITH IT WHEN I FIRST GOT, TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER A FEW TIMES ,FINALLY GOT THE BUGS OUT. I HAVE ENJOYED THE BOAT TO THIS DAY. MY WIFE AND I GO FISHING ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND. THE ONLY TIME SHE DOESN'T GO IS WHEN IT'S 45 DEGREES AND BELOW, BUT I'M STILL OUT THERE FISHING. I THINK THEY QUIT MAKING ASTRO'S BACK IN 1999. SAD BECAUSE IT'S A GREAT BOAT. HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT LUCK WITH MINE. THERES NOT A LOT OF THEM DOWN HERE IN HOUSTON,TEXAS. SORRY IF I'M RAMBLING ON............
We recently bought an Astro 2001 2050 SD. Tilt/Trim button goes up but not down.