• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astro boat owners

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro boat owners

Any astro boat owners out there?

Anyone know if they were bought out or just folded?
    Chris Craft Scorpion 230 7.4/ alpha 1

Re: Astro boat owners

I just bought a 1852SF about a month ago...from my internet search, it seems that they discontinued that particular line, but they still manufacture many others at their plant in TN. They were put out by Pro Craft, which was bought out by the Tracker Marine Group in Missouri in 1988.
    2008 Stingray 185 LX, Volvo Penta 3.0/135HP I/O. Finally bought a new boat!

Comment

I recently acquired a 1995 Astro 17cc. I am looking for info on this boat also.

Comment

I have a astro quickfire 18SC with XR4 150. Would love any info anyone has about these boats or astro for that matter.

Comment

I just picked up a 1988 Astro (Astroglass?) 160 Bass model with a 1989 115HP Merc from my Mom-in-law. I'm looking to find some info about them as well.

This thing is going to need some repair (mostly cosmetic) before it's ready to go back in the water again as it's been sitting on the trailer since 1999.

Comment

Welcome to Iboats!

As for the cosmedics the restoration thread has a lot of info.

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck finding an owners manual, etc. The original manual was so skimpy it was nearly useless - just generic stuff on safety, trailering, etc - almost nothing specific to the systems that came with the boat.

Astro and ProCraft are basically the same boat - minor cosmetic differences - the usual manufacturer's dodge to promise a dealer an exclusive dealership for Brand X in a geographic region....then turn around, build the same boat with a different nameplate and let the dealer's neighbor sell it as Brand Y! At any rate, if you can't find anything on your Astro, try the same search for ProCraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Windykid View Post

BOUGHT MY 1998 1850DC BOAT BACK IN MARCH OF 1999. HAD A COUPLE OF PROBLEMS WITH IT WHEN I FIRST GOT, TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER A FEW TIMES ,FINALLY GOT THE BUGS OUT. I HAVE ENJOYED THE BOAT TO THIS DAY. MY WIFE AND I GO FISHING ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND. THE ONLY TIME SHE DOESN'T GO IS WHEN IT'S 45 DEGREES AND BELOW, BUT I'M STILL OUT THERE FISHING. I THINK THEY QUIT MAKING ASTRO'S BACK IN 1999. SAD BECAUSE IT'S A GREAT BOAT. HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT LUCK WITH MINE. THERES NOT A LOT OF THEM DOWN HERE IN HOUSTON,TEXAS. SORRY IF I'M RAMBLING ON............

Comment

I have a 1990 Astro Quickfire 18FDX bass boat with a Mercury BlackMax 150 XR4. I love this boat, I bought it from a friend who won it in a bass tournament. I have owned it since basically new and have had very few issues. I have rebuilt the trim pump once and replaced one oil feed line, 2 water pumps and 2 tune ups in 18 years!

It runs great and will top out at 78 mph (high "5" SS prop) (GPS) on a light chop and no head wind, always starts on the first crank.

The Astro bass boats were some of the first to come from the factory as a complete boat/motor/trailer/electrics "ready to fish" package. I have been struggling over selling this boat recently due to my lack of fishing time and higher fuel costs (although this boat is easy on gas). I've also been offered a ridiculous amount of money for it.

Its a full tournament equipped boat with dual everything and fishes more like a 22' boat instead of a 18'

My baby!

Comment

Hi all,

I don't have a picture up yet, but I have been saving up and finally bought my first true bass boat. I'm in college and try to fish as much as I can, so finding a 1998 Astro 18 bass boat with a Mariner 150 EFI for $2500 was a godsend. I had to get some motor maintenance done and there is a two inch hole in the hull that I have to fix, but overall this is a good boat.
                    I love the shape of the boat. It's almost designed like a Ski boat, but decked out for bass fishing. There are a few electrical problems I have to work out as well, and was trying to find some sort of wiring diagram for the boat. It's surprising that these boats were in production so long, and no one makes a repair manual specifically for them. If you do a google search on astro boats, you get the websites of a few people who are selling them, but not much else. It's like they dissappeared off of the face of the planet.
                    I sent an email to tracker boats to get some more information, and I'll post again if I get any useful information.

Comment

Originally posted by Astroquickfire View Post
                      I have a 1990 Astro Quickfire 18FDX bass boat with a Mercury BlackMax 150 XR4. I love this boat, I bought it from a friend who won it in a bass tournament. I have owned it since basically new and have had very few issues. I have rebuilt the trim pump once and replaced one oil feed line, 2 water pumps and 2 tune ups in 18 years!

It runs great and will top out at 78 mph (high "5" SS prop) (GPS) on a light chop and no head wind, always starts on the first crank.

The Astro bass boats were some of the first to come from the factory as a complete boat/motor/trailer/electrics "ready to fish" package. I have been struggling over selling this boat recently due to my lack of fishing time and higher fuel costs (although this boat is easy on gas). I've also been offered a ridiculous amount of money for it.

Its a full tournament equipped boat with dual everything and fishes more like a 22' boat instead of a 18'

My baby!
                      Do you still have your Astro? I am looking at buying an identicle model.

Comment

Not sure if anyone is looking at this thread...

If you have an Astro trailer that came with one of their boats, what size tires came on it?

The one I just bought has 235/75-15's. Several people have told me that they are an odd size and maybe not what was intended to be on the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanty View Post
                          Not sure if anyone is looking at this thread...

If you have an Astro trailer that came with one of their boats, what size tires came on it?

The one I just bought has 235/75-15's. Several people have told me that they are an odd size and maybe not what was intended to be on the trailer.
                          I have a 1997 Astro 1800B with original trailer and wheels/tires. The size of tires is ST 215/75R14. I've owned this boat since '04, great boat.

Comment

^^

Thanks for the reply...seems to be a bit difficult finding information on our boats.

Can't wait to get it on the water!!

I just got some 225's mounted on the wheels. A bit smaller then the ones that were on it. Need to get a stud replaced yet, before it is ready for the MVA inspection and tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Windykid View Post

We just bought a 1995 Astro 17 with the 4cyl Mercruser, Alpha 1 OD... Lovely boat, excellent condition...

Would love to find a copy of the owner's manual!

We're going to moore her in the summer, dry-store winters.. We live on the Columbia..

Looking forward to years of fun!!

Wayner

Via Edit: err.... just noticed.. I may have this in the wrong forum...

Comment

Working...
                              X