1958 Arkansas Travler 14 Foot...

jcoppah24

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1958 Arkansas Travler 14 Foot...

She looks beautiful jcoppah! I recognize the tell-tale AT floor drainage grooves/hull strakes. Do you have any full body shots? When are you hitting the water?

Probably Memorial Weekend... I have had the motor running a few times now, and feel like it wont let me
down... mildy worried it is too much power, but I am mounting battery and some heavier items under the bow
to balance it out...

The DUT14 is only rated for a 20 horse... and thats 35...

Still looking for horn / bow / and stern light... paint on the name... and repaint the registration numbers.

Travis9876

Recruit

Hey GuysBoat 1.jpgBoat 2.jpgBoat 3.jpgBoat 4.jpgBoat 5.jpg

I have 58 AT I got from my Grandfather. I think it's a Sportster/Sportsman (something like that) but I've been searching for the last 8 years and cant find one like it anywhere. I found a picture online in an old brochure but it was hard to see. it has the original motor and it's take a while to get everything cleaned up...here are some pics. If anyone knows anything about this kind of boat or if anyone has seen one like it or has one like it please let me know. I can be reached via email at travis_lakin@dell.com

kfa4303

Banned

WOWZA!!! She's a beaut Travis. Welcome to iboats. Here's a link that may be able to give you a bit more info. It looks like she may be a late '50s model. I'm guessing between a '55-'58 model.

Arkansas traveler - Classic Boat Library

Travis9876

Recruit

WOWZA!!! She's a beaut Travis. Welcome to iboats. Here's a link that may be able to give you a bit more info. It looks like she may be a late '50s model. I'm guessing between a '55-'58 model.

Arkansas traveler - Classic Boat Library

Thanks for that... Im starting to wonder if I have the year wrong. It doesn't match any of the pictures in the Brochures from 1958 - 63. the outside matches the picture of the 1955 but I cant see if the inside does.... Outisde is aluminum hull not fiberglass so I think that keeps us in the 50's. The inside has 3 compartments, front and center both carry 2 people and the back is the engine compartment. It had cable steering that I replaced with hydraulic. Rated for 750 pounds plus the motor. If you see one around anywhere please let me know...