Arkansas Traveler Comet Pic Update

Sport240

Seaman
Re: Arkansas Traveler Comet Pic Update

More pics of the throttle assembly, freshly painted with primer and brushed nickel Rustoleum paint...turned out nice!

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums...view&current=f11cd20e.jpg&mediafilter=noflash
http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums...view&current=abd7dfe5.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

Still painting the Selectric shift buttons (Red, White and Blue!), will post pics soon of the final look. After this, I get to work on the engine (gotta make sure ot works first!). If that's a go, I'm gotta get to the boat itself!

JD

Sport240

Seaman

kfa4303

Banned

Looks amazing! Good to see another AT owner too.

Sport240

Seaman

Hey thanx alot! Can't wait for the weather to warm up and start getting a little more serious about the reno.

Will keep the pics coming!

JD

chris276

Cadet

hey, looks like we have the same boat, i live in ontario too and am hoping to restore my comet this year as well, just trying to find the time, i am having trouble finding original pictures of it though

Sport240

Seaman

Hey chris276,

Nice to see another AT Comet owner! Boat is coming along nicely. Have been giving it some TLC lately, nothing major, but mostly cleaning up alot of the small stuff. Its looking really sharp right now. Thinking about painting a white stripe up the middle of the boat, kind of a racing stripe. It's going to the Evinrude dealership next week to get the motor tuned, then I'll put in some new seats and a new windshield and the old girl should be good to go again! Will probably need to change out the floor and stringers somewhere in the future, but not this summer.

How about you? How much of a project is it? What's the plan?

JD

Sport240

Seaman

Here I am drying the floor and hull. Opened her up yesterday (after much back and forth with myself about it) to discover that the floor and stringers are solid, but wet (mostly due to poor storage and about 12 screw holes in the floor). So I decided to get some air in her to try to dry the whole thing out, after which I will seal and close up all the holes.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w368/Jwdspics/03b9114d.jpg
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w368/Jwdspics/23fd39ae.jpg

JD

chris276

Cadet

Hey chris276,

Nice to see another AT Comet owner! Boat is coming along nicely. Have been giving it some TLC lately, nothing major, but mostly cleaning up alot of the small stuff. Its looking really sharp right now. Thinking about painting a white stripe up the middle of the boat, kind of a racing stripe. It's going to the Evinrude dealership next week to get the motor tuned, then I'll put in some new seats and a new windshield and the old girl should be good to go again! Will probably need to change out the floor and stringers somewhere in the future, but not this summer.

How about you? How much of a project is it? What's the plan?

JD

thanks for posting the pics, id like to see more inside if possible. i basically just have the shell of the boat as of yet, its in great shape, but i dont know where to start . your pics are very helpfull. is the floor original ?, mine does not have the floor, nor does it look like it ever had one ? i also am not sure what to do about seats, would like to do original bench seats , but cant find any original pics for ideas, cant wait to see what your doing for seats. thanks

Sport240

Seaman

Hey chris276,

She's going to the dealership this morning. When I get her back, sometime next week, I will take some pics for you. I should be getting my seats by then too; white, back-to-back Wise seats. My floor is original, but the fiberglass is de-laminated from the wood. My little experiment of opening her up was very helpful in that it has vented the inner structure and dried it out quite a bit. I'm trying to avoid replacing the floor as I do not have a garage and it is a big job to do "in the great outdoors". As soon as the engine works like I want it too, I'm putting some finishing touches to her (guages, radio, speakers, fire extinguisher, new lighter, etc...). Will keep you updated!

chris276

Cadet

thanks sport240, i am very interested about the floor,and the seats, i am sure we have the exact same boat, but there is no evidence that mine ever had a floor in it. i have been thinking about how i could put some kind of floor in it though, and some more pics of yours would be helpfull,as for the seats, i thought about back to back seats and the bench at the back, but not sure id have the room, might just go with a front and rear bench, but might not be good for fishing, so im still undecided. thank you.