Arkansas Traveler Emblems

• Could have been better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all, a waste of time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gitterdone

Cadet
My 1960 Arkansas Traveler Tarpon lost it's emblems and nobody has any good ones for sale. I even tried to get a few vinyl decal makers to make some up but they wanted anywhere from $40 to $75 each and their flat looking work samples weren't very impressive.

So, I took the photo and worked on it in an old Adobe graphics program I have, colored it and added shading so it would look 3-D then made one for the other side of the boat. It was very tedious getting the lettering reversed. I printed them out diagonally on an 8 1/2" X 11" sticky back lable paper and trimmed them with a razor knife. I applied them to my boat and then clear coated them with U-Pol clear coat.

I guess when something is extinct you have to do the best you can with what you have. I'm kind of proud of how they came out and just wanted to share these photos.

Here's a couple of photos I took, distant and close-up.

http://members.localnet.com/~apowen/boat/ak_logo_01.jpg

http://members.localnet.com/~apowen/boat/ak_logo_02.jpg

JohnFox

Cadet
Re: Arkansas Traveler Emblems

Was curious to see your work but the link is broke.

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like the first one a little better. They are both very similar. One of my emblems was deteriorated as well. I just have one emblem still on there. I had considered getting a new one in the future though. Your emblems look great. :D

joscswny

Recruit

You might try a local awning maker for your emblems in the future. He should be able to photo and print to an easy peel and stick stencil.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

I had some, but went out to look and all I could find was a spare Polaris nameplate from the dash