14ft Arkansas Traveler

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 14ft Arkansas Traveler

I have a free photobucket account. You can resize your pictures there. :D

gwcurt123

Recruit

i have what i was told was a 1957 but havent been able to confirm yet. it is fiberglass and aluminum the tag on the transom says it is a model 50684 but cant find picture or brochure to help. any suggestions?

DAnderson

Recruit

What you see on the exterior is the finished product. The inside I added red carpet to the boat seats, and added a new drain, so nothing really to see. I am waiting on wiring material now so I can finish the boat. I will post more pics when I get it wired up. I am interested in seeing pics of your project as well. :)

I have a 12' Arkansas Traveler and I have been trying to find out what kind of drain to use to replace on it. What did you end up using and did it fit the existing hole or did you have to retrofit it?

andrew narvaiz

Recruit

Here's the "as Found" condition of my future beauty.
The windshield is missing as well as all of the AT emblems.
It's on a Tee-Nee trailer that seems to be original to this boat.
That's a 40's vintage Johnson 2 cylinder on the back that came with the boat.

hello i just bought a 1958 AT with a johnson 33. ill keep looking at your progress as i would like to restore mine as well

gregoryfloyd

Recruit

Great to see you people restoring these AT's.* I regret selling mine about 6 years ago in a fit to "pare down" before moving here to Maine.* I had a 14" built in 1956 that I found abandoned in the Apalachicola River in Florida.* It was totally overgrown with scum and filled with mud.* I cleaned her up and repainted in the original color scheme, off-white and sort of a "Richard Petty" blue.* I named her Hillary for the, then, first lady.I'll try to find some photos to post.* Good luck to you all.Greg Phillips Brooklin, ME

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, what a lucky find. I have not named my boat yet. I am open to suggestions though. Here are some pics.
DSCN0519.jpg

10-30-09boat.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

I had to completely redo the transom, and seats. The whole boat really you could say was taken down and completely redone. It was a lot of work. I just got it out on the water. It did not leak that I can tell. I just took it out on Sunday. I have a trolling motor for getting around right now. No money for a boat motor yet. I was very pleased with the sturdiness of this boat. Old school is the way to go! They don't make boats like this anymore. ;)

JohnFox

Cadet

Your boat looks identical to the one I have. My dad was looking at the pictures and said that is what mine looked like when my grandfather brought it home. Nice job on the resto. I plan on doing mine but not sure if I will go with original colors. Mine also came with a 1960-61 Johnson 5 1/2 trolling motor. Will post pictures soon.

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did not go with the original colors either. But the boat seems to have been repainted twice before I got it. You are lucky you had a motor with your boat. I did not get a motor, just a trolling motor for now. The boat does not leak, and it is all redone, just like having a new boat. The trailer needs adjustments made because it is very hard to pull it out of the water and trailer up. It needs bunk boards put in on the bow, I think that would help a lot. I would like to see your restore when you get through. :)

Niteowl1

Recruit

I have a 14ft Arkansas Traveler. I bought it from a man who hadn't used it for about 11 years. I am going to have to do some painting and stuff like that. I will show some before and after photos. :D
==========================
I am about to acquire the same model via abandonment and would appreciate any info that you or anyone else can give me. Googling has been a waste of time 'til I got to this site.

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What info are you looking for exactly?

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The manufacturer is Arkansas Traveler. They haven't been in business for a very long time. The value depends on the condition. My boat is a very sturdy boat, and it still does not leak. They made them to last back in those days.

Niteowl1

Recruit

The manufacturer is Arkansas Traveler. They haven't been in business for a very long time. The value depends on the condition. My boat is a very sturdy boat, and it still does not leak. They made them to last back in those days.

Oh yeah, the aluminum is twice the gauge as today's skiffs.:cool:

Do you know the model?:confused:

Kellyfmtx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think it was 1964, or close to that.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

I just purchased an aluminum closed bow and am trying to identify the maker and then hopefully a year range. I think it may be a Traveler or a Feathercraft due to some of the design characteristics. Could some of you post pictures of your rigs, the older the better.

Thanks,
Casey

P.s.
I have pictures of mine posted on another thread I started a couple of days ago.

Banker Ed

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Boat 002a.jpgMid December, I purchase what I would assume is a 1954 AT. I messed up and registered it as a 1957. Hopefully, that won't be a problem. I have started with a slight re-do. I will try to post pictures. I would like to paint it similar to yours. Probably a biger project than I may be willing to take on though. 1356387101628.jpg1358007762715.jpg

Last edited: