Took out the Nineteen yesterday

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Took the boat to my main lake I go to with my son and daughter for some tubing and cruising. Boat seemed to do pretty good. I'm not used to the power trim yet,but am getting the hang of it. Boat would run 46mph at approx. 44-4500 rpm,but that is running with no hardtop. Boat seems to ride high at the bow upon take off. I'm thinking it might benefit from some smart tabs or something. Does anyone here run tabs on their Nineteen?? Daughter made a little vid with her phone.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANL...yer_detailpage

Last edited:

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
The boat looks great! I think your RPMs might be a little high. Might be that you didn't have the the top on. I believe WOT is 4200. You probably know this, but when you start off you want the drive all the way in or down. I also have the 165 Merc and I believe it might be a little heavy in the back of the boat. I wouldn't trade it though, the power is great. I run Smart Tabs on my 19 and love them. What a difference. There's five settings and I have mine in the middle. Setm and forgetm. I picked up 2 mph on the top end. Plus the boat jumps up on plane with very little bow rise. Now I can let people sit in the back seats with out the bow bouncing up and down at speed.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Jim, that's what I was wanting to know. I spotted some on ebay for $120 free shipping. I'm going to run it without tabs for a while, but am sure I'll end up getting them later. Just want to get a good feel for the way it does without them(original) to really appreciate the tabs lol. Yeah, I knew I was dogging it, but I wanted to run it hard to see how it took it. Only issue I ran into was it didn't want to idle good when I was pulling it out. Got it home and adjusted the idle mixture and fixed it right up. I'm well pleased with the boat. I fixed the top to where you can slide it back to the notch at the rear of the track and pick it straight up to remove it without having to slide the front slider back to the rear of the track also. Been revamping the trailer with walk boards so this old man can walk out to the end of the trailer to hook the bow and reel it in. Usually with the Funliner, it's been my wife and I and she can't back a trailer.I go get the trailer.So she just shoves it over to me from the dock to the trailer and I hook and reel it in.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Renojim, do you have a pic of the smart tabs on your boat. I don't know exactly where they need to go on the transom. jim l

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
When I got mine I contacted Smart Tab for their recommendation on placement. I sent them pics of the back and bottom of the boat. Mine are mounted as per them. I'll take a pic when I get home.

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Here's the pics I promised. I love mine. They're well worth it. Good luck and have fun with the 19!

Attachments

• photo207133.jpg
    photo207133.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207134.jpg
    photo207134.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Jim for the pics. I will prolly get those this winter for next season. Your red/white Aristo is beautiful. Of course,I'm kinda partial to red and white Aristo Crafts

Last edited:

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jim, I've decided to go ahead and get the smart tabs. Took it out yesterday. Felt like it really needs the tabs to help keep the bow down so my wife can see over the bow when she drives LOL. At one point, I ran WOT and to my surprise, got the boat up to 48 mph by the GPS! At that time,the water had slight chop and the wind was at my back. But of course she was sucking down the fuel as expected,but man that was fun!! Got a kick out of seeing my wife's face when it hit 48 mph. Got another short vid . Tried to get a vid of the gps at wot,but it was too bright to make out the reading. Next time maybe.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9AIaB69MTg&feature=player_detailpage