Tried out my nineteen

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got to float the nineteen yesterday. The 165 ran superb! The boat seemed to float high on the water(great!) Been rubbin' and a buffin' the gelcoat today. Later, I need to contact Aristocraft and get some parts. Need a left side front rail. PO must have cut it in two as half is gone lol. And some top decals, etc. All in good time. Right now, just enjoying fixing it up. Thought I'd post some pics of her with her new stablemate.My Dad's old '63 Funliner.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hey there was one of those for sale by me for a couple years and didn't know the top would come off. How hard is it, is it heavy?

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Which one? Both have removable hardtops. The nineteen's top is pretty heavy. The Funliner's is a little lighter,but both require two people to get them off.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I attempted to take my 9Teen top off a couple of times by myself. I always gave up, slid it forward and latched it again. It is heavy.

Your interior is in great shape. The seat vinyl and the fake wood appear to be perfect, The whole thing looks like a time capsule. If I could find a 9teen in good shape like yours I would think about getting another one. They are a well made craft.

You need some on-water pics, luva. Show her off. :D

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Ga boater, The boat is in decent shape. The seats are not perfect at all,but decent.Some of the seams are not torn,but separating a little. I think I can fix that later with some type of vinyl glue.maybe. The floors don't have carpet ,but rather a vinyl covering. Took a lot of pics LOL.

GA_Boater

Take care of the seats. AC wants 900 bucks for new covers. I like the vinyl over carpet - no snags.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The outdrive had one of those hydro foil things on it. I took it off the other day and noticed a crack in the cavitation plate at the back. Had it welded up only to find out when I got home today from trying it out at the lake that it had cracked again with it back on
angry.png
. I think I'll take it off and leave it off.

GA_Boater

I don't like those things for exactly that reason - A lot of stress is put on some thin metal.