Anyone have a 140 hp in their nineteen?

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking at a nineteen and was wondering how a 140 performed. thanks, jim

retrovoice

Cadet
Re: Anyone have a 140 hp in their nineteen?

Jim, I've got a 19 with a 140 HP. I haven't riden in any other 19s, so don't have other experiences to base a comparison on. My experience was that with 6 passengers, it had a difficult time getting on plane, but performed fine with 4. I've never tried to pull a skier, but does great with a tube. I can't tell you what top end speed was, as I don't have a speedometer or a GPS to gauge it with. Overall, I'm pleased with the 140.

Dave

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks retrovoice, I'm kinda looking at a couple now. Both are 140s. I know there will be times when I'll have 5 or 6 on board,so I'll keep looking for a 6 cyl model. jim

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have driven a 140 a time or two before, and i feel the 140 IMO is a great fit for the boat. Propped correctly, it has plenty of power in my experiance driving with the boat loaded with people, or to pull a wakeboarder. the 120 to me is underpowered if you are looking to pull a wakeboard, or haul many passegers, however it gets great economy. but to me the 140 does it all great. If you are really looking for a power maker consider the 470 installed in the later models. as long as you have a good understanding of the motor, and how it differs from a standard 140-165 they can be great, powerful and fast. But my favorite motor in a 9-teen of all the ones made would probably still be the 140 merc.