X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Replacement

Anybody replace a fuel tank on a 19?

Re: Fuel Tank Replacement

I had mine out when I was doing transo repairs.
    Can not be easier.... 2 hoses, 2 wires, 1 strap....
    Just get the same size, so it fits in the space available. My boat has aluminum seat base legs, not fiberglass boxes, so YMMV.

Why you are replacing the fuel tank?

Comment

Thanks for info. Continuous problem with crud/rust in tank. Tried different cleaning solutions but being a 1975 I think I just may replace it.

Comment

Take the tank out of the boat, and do some inspecting. on many that have built up crud, I have been able to remove them, clean them out of the boat using all sorts of methods. first remove the sender, then put some water and gravel in it (look i am not saying this is by far the best way or endoresed shake it all around and do the hokey pokey, rinse and repeat. others sell a tank coating that you can use after cleaning it, but i have found that jsut a good cleaning with out of the boat always works.

Comment

I will plan to take tank out to see if a cleaning as you describe would work but as the tank is almost 40 years old I will not be shocked if a new tank is the order of the day.

Comment

Kanada-where did you find a replacement?

Comment

look in port supply and jamestown. i believe they sell the same exact dimensions tank in there.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150306.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	178443I cleaned mine out this year using a similar method described by "aristocraft" and it worked pretty well. The problem I found is that the tank appears to have internal baffles so it is difficult to determine if you got er done or not. I installed a clear - cleanable inline filter so I can see if there is any crud getting past the pump. So far so good. Just completed a nice long cruise on Wedowee and she is running great.

Comment

I know this is an old thread,but I just got a Moeller plastic tank and it seems to work good. I had to trim a little foam at the top of the tank as the filler neck is in the center of the tank at the rear. And get a longer vent hose plus a 45 degree elbow for the vent hose hook up. The new tank came with a new gauge sending unit and fuel pick up. Old tank had two holes rusted through the bottom and the POs were running it like that. I got one pic of the tank in place,but if anyone needs more ,let me know.

Comment

luva63 - I am working on replacing the below deck 30 gallon belly tank in my 89 19' Capri Cuddy. I am having a hard time finding something that will fit. Your solution interests me. Do you have just the one tank? Did it affect your stability at all since it's not centered on the hull?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman42 View Post
                        luva63 - I am working on replacing the below deck 30 gallon belly tank in my 89 19' Capri Cuddy. I am having a hard time finding something that will fit. Your solution interests me. Do you have just the one tank? Did it affect your stability at all since it's not centered on the hull?
                        Stick - This thread is inactive and is about tanks for Aristocraft 9Teen boats with an 18 gallon above deck tank. Your Capri is an entirely different animal with a below deck tank. Please click on the Forum Help link in the sig below about starting your own thread. I recommend the Boat Topics & Questions section because it has a much wider audience. Welcome to iboats.
                        BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
                        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                        That is what the forums are for.
                        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Anyone had any experience replacing the leaking Fuel Tank on a 1996 Larson Cabrio 260. Genmar manufacturer of this boat went bankrupt in 2010
                          so Recall is not invalid.

Comment

Old and closed.

Please start new topics on this subject in the appropriate forum section. A Larson is not an Aristocraft.
                            BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
                            Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                            That is what the forums are for.
                            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
                            X