Last ride of the season

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Took the 19 out today to cap off a pretty good summer. The Nineteen and the Funliner have been run quite a bit with the Funliner going to the coast for the first time in 12 years.

ziggy

Admiral
sounds like ya had a great season. that's great.

all i can say for my summer is that it was different. didn't even unwinterize from last year. so no motorboating for me. i did however get my basement walls and footings replaced. so now my house won't fall in on itself... and that's a plus for sure....

and i did get on the water. been out 17 times i think. with the canoe. and the canoe has been fun, but i'll be looking fwd to getting the nineteen back out on the water again next season....

one good thing i will say about the canoe is, that the season don't end till there's ice on the lake. i'm expecting to be out several more times before that happens. around here, usually early decemeber for ice to thick to go through, if it's like the last two years have been.....

glad ya had a good season luva63....

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Chad and Jim. it was a good summer. I got done not a moment too soon as it turned cooler today plus I had to go farther south to a different lake as my fav lake is down 4'! And the crazy thing is the next lake down the chain from my usual lake is maybe 8 inches down...go figure. Jim,I'm glad you got your basement squared away before another winter. I bet you can't wait to get that great looking Nineteen back out on the water.

ziggy

Admiral
as my fav lake is down 4'! And the crazy thing is the next lake down the chain from my usual lake is maybe 8 inches down...go figure
good ya had a good summer with the lakes down.
in my hood, things have been good for a few years. but a few years ago, can't remember which year. but anyways. man, all ours were down too. places i normally launched were impassable. others i had to get out of the boat and pull it across a sand bar coming out of the launch site... i went on the missouri when it was 13.5' @ omaha. man, never again. what a drag. the ramps are steep, and when wet, mighty slippery. then there's the short ramp before ya fall off the end of the ramp with yer trailer... i got my leaf springs stuck behind the one i was on... talk about hosed...
any ways, i sympathize with ya... hope ya get some rain and it fills up yer reservoirs.

different story. moms cabin is on a chain of lake in mn. mantrap chain fwiw. were on the last lake, no outlet. i've seen cabins that ya could boat up to the ft door of. other years it's much lower. our neighbor up there was a resident and old. he told us of days in the 20's or so that the lake in ft. of our cabin was a wheat field... that's pretty dry.... lakes have there own life. man made (salt vally lakes in my county, a flood control system of lakes that seems to work) like where i live, or mn. where the mantrap chain was carved by glaciers..

still glad ya had a good year... i had a good year too when the water was low. just learned some new tricks, like where not to go.... ;)

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Quote... then there's the short ramp before ya fall off the end of the ramp with yer trailer.. Been there ziggy. Years back, had the ole funliner down at the lake and it was really down then. Backed it down and it ran plum off the ramp into a hole where I guess it had been dug out by people power loading their boats. I guarantee if I hadn't just replaced the main trailer bunks at the back of the trailer, I'd of had a big ole hole in the hull when it went off the ramp.

ziggy

Admiral
into a hole where I guess it had been dug out by people power loading their boats.
yep, that behavior kinda irks me... last weekend i was camping near the ramp. some yeawho w/ and outboard. sat there at the ramp, boat on the trailer, full throttle in fwd. for mins. on end. i've no idea what he thought he was doing, but for sure he was washin the end of the ramp away. creaton. no respect for others.
I made a vid of the Funliner out playin in the inlet.
man, that's one sweet video Jim... wow... that looks like fun. and yer funliner sounds so good too... thanks for sharing that.... i love exciting boating. and that, looks exciting....... hope AristoCraft sees that one... ya could sell boats with that video.... :cool:

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Ziggy, I had a lot of fun especially getting the wife and daughter to squeal going over the waves :lol: