Kit's Boat

Kit Arena

Recruit
My Boat is a 1974 Dan Arena 18 Sport. Power is now a blueprinted stock 350 chevy with a crowler mid-range roller cam. It is amazing that the old OMC drive has about 250 hrs on it with this engine and about 200 hrs on the stock 245 hp 305 Chev since its first and only rebuild. Runs great and handles near 60++ mph performance at sea level. I will go thru the drive next season, but it still runs great. (Just go easy on the throttle. It,s not a dragster).

This boat was previously owned by the Kopf family and was used only at Lake Tahoe. They also have the bigger brother of this boat. A 20 sport Dan Arena runabout with a Big Block v-drive setup still in use and looking like new.Prior to that, I believe they had a late 1960's Barracuda.

Boat is basically stock. No extreme restoration. It has an epoxy clear coat over the original gelcoat (Done prior to my acquisition) and a bench seat. I will be upgrading the interior with a swivel capt's chair at the helm and a back-to-back seat on the port side. No Rot anywhere. (I built this boat with full fab-mat up to the top of the stringers and an additional full mat and cloth job over the original layup in the bilge and transom. Outside of leakage thru an existing drill hole, The wood stringers and transom is completely water tight.

Kit Arena

Attachments

• Kits Boat! 003.jpg
    Kits Boat! 003.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Kits Boat! 001.jpg
    Kits Boat! 001.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Kits Boat! 005.jpg
    Kits Boat! 005.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0

Zetman