Aquasport 170 yr.? water logged?

trophyman

Seaman Apprentice
I am looking at an Aquasport 170 and am not sure of the year. The hull number is ASPB1195V76F which leads me to believe it is a 76. I am interested in this boat but I think it is water logged. I looked between the deck and hull by unsrewing a small access and I could see what looked like a mushy mess. barnicles etc. not sure how I would access this area to remove the stuff. Also not familiar with the construction. wood frame? I posted a thread in the Evinrude section in regard to the motor # E140TRLCTE, any info on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks,
Trophyman

trophyman

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Aquasport 170 yr.? water logged?

I guess I didn't word that well enough. I'm looking for anyone who has experience with a 76 Aquasport 170 who can give me some advice on the mushy mess I saw through the access hole just in front of the engine between the deck and hull. I don't know if Aquasports were built with wood encased in fiberglass or if there is a an exposed wood frame that would be subject to becoming water logged. My research online indicated the boat had a max HP of 130 and this boat is outfitted with an Evinrude 140. At first glance the boat is clean with some barnicles that need scraping on bottom of hull. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trophyman

Re: Aquasport 170 yr.? water logged?

I'm no expert by any means when it comes to Aquasports, I just recently purchased a 19'6" Family Fisherman and I can tell you from the inspection of my boat, the upper sides of the boat where the floor meets the upper deck is wood framed with fiberglass on the edges but not encased. The wood is visibly exposed. But my luck none of the wood in the boat I just bought was even close to be rotted.

I just realized this is a 3 year old post....LOL