Used boat pricing

Have been looking for used boat and the prices seem to be all over the place. I know and have used NADA pricing but 2 similiar boats same year etc can be priced considerable different. When buying from a dealer what kind of room do the have to move on a used boat?

Opinions I am looking to spend around 20,000. 21 or 22 foot CC. Mostly for bay but also to go out mile or two in ocean. Any opinions of what kind of boat I could pick up for that money? Broad questions but any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks for all suggestions!!

Frank

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Used boat pricing

General rule of thumb ( I believe ) will be about 10 to 20%. Consider that most used boats found in a dealership are trade in's then maybe that figure could fluctuate somewhat.
On the used boat looking, eBay would be a good starting point. There you'll be able to tell the supply and demand factor and the money people are willing to pay. Newspaper ads, boating magazines, Boat Trader, etc. are all great sources as well. Good luck !! :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Also look in craigslist for boats and what they are selling for.
That might give some kinda idea along with the above mentioned areas.

jw215

Recruit

I'm in the same boat... driving me crazy with the prices... I tend to over think everything. I've almost pulled the trigger three times and I just can't do it. I'm leaning heavy toward an 205 Osprey with yami but we shall see...