Aquasport 250

timej

Cadet
I am very close to buying an Aquasport 250 WA- I can't find any reviews of the boat and would like to get feedback of any kind from anybody out there. Also it has a 225 Yam 4 stroke. Main concern is 19 degree deadrise and quality. Also yamaha 4 stroke vs. 250 hpdi vs. twin 115 (too much$). Should do sea trial this weekend.<br /><br />Any information pro's , con's, whatever would be greatly appreciated. Second boat for me -current boat is 18 foot edgewater-

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Aquasport 250

The Aquasports are quite popular in south Florida.<br /><br />On the motors - I have twin 1987 V4 SeaDrives and have been qiute thankful on a couple of occasions for having twins.

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I don't know about the newer Aqua Sports but I had a 1977 240 center console with a 233 Mercrusier and if I could find one like it today I would buy it in a heart beat. It was a very well built boat. I had it for about 7 years and never had any problems. My only complaint was not enough V at the transom. I ran it mostly offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and more V would have been nice when it got rough. Sold it to buy a 31 Bertram.<br /><br />Buttanic

I am repowering an A-sport 25.6 Family Fisherman with a (hopefully) 200-225 Yamaha on a bracket I had made. Great boat! Huge cockpit, decent v-berth and good, solid construction. Anyone had experience with this model?

tbirdkidd

Seaman

I believe if you go to aquasport.com you can get some info I have a 24'5 and it is a nice boat unsinkable with all fiberglass stringers say goodby to dryrot