Best buy for the buck!

lunarabbit

Recruit
I've been an avid boater for over twenty five years. I've owned entry level boats from Boston Whaler, Chris Craft , Harris Float Boats, Palamino, S.L. Cats, and Sea Ray. Now that I own an '05 Angler 204FX with a Mercury 150HP I won't think of any other brand. I know what to look for in a boat. I made the mistake everyone else makes when they first buy a boat and that's assuming all boats are the same. I almost fell for the hype. Shearwater, Scout, Mako, Proline, Grady White, Keywest and more all make great boats, but their overpriced in my mind. For the money, by far Angler is the best choice. Honestly my only drawback to Angler was it's lack of premium latches for all my storage compartments, but it wasn't something I couldn't add myself. This a no-nosense, solid boat as good or better than any of the brands I mentioned before. It has a dry ride and I've been out in 3'-4's; just don't let weather hit you from both sides. Its great on fuel too! Have you ever looked in the paper in the used section for an Angler? Their usually not there. I think owners of Anglers like myself included probably don't want to part with them as easily as other boaters do with their brands. The Florida Marine Partol has used Anglers for years and still have many in its flotilla now. Imagine the abuse they put them thru! You won't see mine up for sale anytime soon and if you do it will be pretty close to what I bought it for. Admit it; You really like your boat don't you?