Queen Merrie ID

riley0412

Cadet
I have a 16ft Queen Merrie. The Numbers on my Transom Knee Brace read Q 5 6 0 . Does this mean it's a 1956? I cant seem to find a pic of a 1956 to compare it to......

Thanks
PaulTransom id 2.jpg

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Queen Merrie ID

No, it doesn't. That is the production number and they normally start at 100 meaning yours may have been the 460'th produced.

Call Alumacraft and ask them: 877-314-7756

jbcurt00

Staff member

Try looking thru the charts here

If I'm reading them right, the Queen Merrie was a 18ft'r that wasn't offered until 1958. It's listed UNDER the Cruiseabout

If you can't find pix, try using those charts to match details to your boat. 16ft long, beam? transom width? etc Often models changed slightly over the years, w/ no name change. So if your's is 16ft, based on what's listed in those charts, it's not a Queen Merrie..

Post some pix of your boat and it's specs

riley0412

Cadet

Talked to a nice lady at Alumacraft today. My boat is a 1961 16ft Queen Merrie. 1961 was the last year they made the Queen Merrie.
My boat is 1 of 71 they made that year. WoW.... How cool is that! According to the brochure she sent me, one of the options available for that year was a hard top! Id give my Left N#* for one of those hardtops! Great Info.... Good Day!

Uncle Paul

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class

But the Queen Merrie has always been an 18ft. boat.

There was a model named the Queen 16. I bet that is what you have. I'm pretty sure the Queen Merrie would start off QMxxxxx.

Better call that nice lady back.

Both are fine boats.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

According to the brochure she sent me, one of the options available for that year was a hard top! Id give my Left N#* for one of those hardtops!

From the link I posted earlier:
Alumacraftb60007.jpg

Alumacraftbb003.jpg

Still show the Queen Merrie as an 18ft'r

I'd love to see the 1961 brochure she sent. And think you should add them to the FG library. They don't have any pix or brochures from 1961.

riley0412

Cadet

Your probably right. Queen 16....... Still.... 1 out of 71...... wonder how many are still around

Uncle Paul

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class

That would be 1 out of 71 in the year 1961. I'd still call the nice lady back just to make sure. She could have been giving you the year of mfg. for a Queen Merrie instead of a Queen 16. I believe she just looks this stuff up and it's not a real hobby for her. She has been very nice the half dozen times I've called her. Got Aluma Craft on my speed dial!

I've no idea how many are around but a fellow named Jim that has posted just a couple of times here has one up on the great lakes.

If your's is Q560 I believe it means that it was the 460th. made.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Un-molested after 50 odd years, I'd bet less then 5.............

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just bought an 18 foot Queen Merrie. I think it is at least a 1962 since it has the 76" beam, but I couldn't find the number on the transom knee brace like the OP. It looks all original, from the airguide gauges to the original cubby storage units behind the front seats, so any idea where I would look for the ID Number?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Moxie, just start a topic of your own about your Queen Merrie. No Idea where to look, but in your new topic post pix anyway