Queen Merrie ID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Merrie ID

I have a 16ft Queen Merrie. The Numbers on my Transom Knee Brace read Q 5 6 0 . Does this mean it's a 1956? I cant seem to find a pic of a 1956 to compare it to......

Thanks
    PaulClick image for larger version

Name:	Transom id 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	191262

Re: Queen Merrie ID

No, it doesn't. That is the production number and they normally start at 100 meaning yours may have been the 460'th produced.

Call Alumacraft and ask them: 877-314-7756
    1956 Aluma Craft FD
    1951 Aluma Craft R
    1956 Aluma Craft Cruiseabout
    1958 Feather Craft Vagabond
    1958 Feather Craft Rocket
    1958 Feather Clipper
    1957 35hp Johnson Sea Horse
    1969 25 hp RDE Johnson Sea Horse

Comment

Try looking thru the charts here

If I'm reading them right, the Queen Merrie was a 18ft'r that wasn't offered until 1958. It's listed UNDER the Cruiseabout

If you can't find pix, try using those charts to match details to your boat. 16ft long, beam? transom width? etc Often models changed slightly over the years, w/ no name change. So if your's is 16ft, based on what's listed in those charts, it's not a Queen Merrie..

Post some pix of your boat and it's specs
      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

Talked to a nice lady at Alumacraft today. My boat is a 1961 16ft Queen Merrie. 1961 was the last year they made the Queen Merrie.
        My boat is 1 of 71 they made that year. WoW.... How cool is that! According to the brochure she sent me, one of the options available for that year was a hard top! Id give my Left N#* for one of those hardtops! Great Info.... Good Day!

Uncle Paul

Comment

But the Queen Merrie has always been an 18ft. boat.

There was a model named the Queen 16. I bet that is what you have. I'm pretty sure the Queen Merrie would start off QMxxxxx.

Better call that nice lady back.

Both are fine boats.
          Last edited by Vintin; January 10th, 2014, 09:15 PM.
          1956 Aluma Craft FD
          1951 Aluma Craft R
          1958 Feather Clipper

Comment

Originally posted by riley0412 View Post
            According to the brochure she sent me, one of the options available for that year was a hard top! Id give my Left N#* for one of those hardtops!
            From the link I posted earlier:

Still show the Queen Merrie as an 18ft'r

I'd love to see the 1961 brochure she sent. And think you should add them to the FG library. They don't have any pix or brochures from 1961.
            Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

Your probably right. Queen 16....... Still.... 1 out of 71...... wonder how many are still around

Uncle Paul

Comment

That would be 1 out of 71 in the year 1961. I'd still call the nice lady back just to make sure. She could have been giving you the year of mfg. for a Queen Merrie instead of a Queen 16. I believe she just looks this stuff up and it's not a real hobby for her. She has been very nice the half dozen times I've called her. Got Aluma Craft on my speed dial!

I've no idea how many are around but a fellow named Jim that has posted just a couple of times here has one up on the great lakes.

If your's is Q560 I believe it means that it was the 460th. made.
                1956 Aluma Craft FD
                1951 Aluma Craft R
                1958 Feather Clipper

Comment

Un-molested after 50 odd years, I'd bet less then 5.............

Comment

Queen 16 details:

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just bought an 18 foot Queen Merrie. I think it is at least a 1962 since it has the 76" beam, but I couldn't find the number on the transom knee brace like the OP. It looks all original, from the airguide gauges to the original cubby storage units behind the front seats, so any idea where I would look for the ID Number?

Comment

Moxie, just start a topic of your own about your Queen Merrie. No Idea where to look, but in your new topic post pix anyway

Comment

Working...
                        X