Looking for info on a Cordella LR 16

DetRvrRat

Cadet
I was given a Alumacraft Cordella LR 16 aluminum boat. Its basically a shell, but I can't seem to find any pictures of this boat in order to even start the resto on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The tag states Model Cordella LR 16
Max HP 100
Max Persons 7
Max weight 1524 lbs

image (1).jpg
image.jpg
photo.jpg

Last edited:

DetRvrRat

Cadet
Re: Looking for info on a Cordella LR 16

Contacted alumacraft yesterday, they told me there should be some sort of serial number stamped on the transom bracket. If anyone can get me a pic of exactly where theirs is maybe make it a bit easier for me to find. I looked all over it (even scraped the paint off to find it) and could not locate this serial number.

DetRvrRat

Cadet

Update The Cordella was made from 1964 to 1967. 110 units were produced thats all the info alumacraft had. I guess I'll have to find someone with a queen marie to see where all the port and starboard supports are placed.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Contacted alumacraft yesterday, they told me there should be some sort of serial number stamped on the transom bracket. If anyone can get me a pic of exactly where theirs is maybe make it a bit easier for me to find. I looked all over it (even scraped the paint off to find it) and could not locate this serial number.

On my old model R, the SN is stamped into the knee brace, which is located under the transom in the middle. Good luck.

super cs

Seaman Apprentice

It's different on the bigger ones.

My Queen Merrie has the QM-18 and serial number stamped in the right corner bracket - the polished aluminum piece that ties together the transom, the side and the deck.

My QM's a shell too

DetRvrRat

Cadet

Thanks for the info. I'll get to checking out those areas as soon as my time permits. Super CS if you have the port and stern braces up can you send me a pic. I have found ideas for the boat on the net but still no cordella. Some of them with the gunnel rails seem to have the same supports. Thats the only thing holding me back at this point. Getting excited to start the resto on her.

DetRvrRat

Cadet

Started getting the paint off the boat to find where this serial number is. I have looked on the transom bracket (that was where the LR was stamped), looked at both transom corner brackets, checked the bow right above the eye hook (saw a post for it somewhere), still no serial. Either way I have begun the restoration process. If anyone is following this would it matter if I went with the queen marie colors? I'm not a fan of brown which is the cordella colors. I was even thinking of using the evinrude blue with the white? Open to opinions.