Wanting to know the year of my Alumacraft boat

I recently purchased a 16ft Alumacraft boat. I contacted Alumacraft but they told me they couldnt help me. The transom support has an f4 stamped into it. The lower support has k 1371 k 1341. At the widest point of the boat it is 55 inches wide, and is 24 inches deep from floor to top of wall. I need to find out the year so I can title and register it. Also would like to know what the max hp the boat can handle. Here is a picture of the boat after I put my seats in it and put on my motor. Any info would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 032911163745.jpg
    032911163745.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 033111191425.jpg
    033111191425.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 033111191513.jpg
    033111191513.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1

Wyldcard

Cadet
Re: Wanting to know the year of my Alumacraft boat

Looks like a FD to me,i have the same boat.....mine is a '67.Yours looks close in age to what i have.

As far as getting it reg'ed,in Nevada if its older than a '72 they put the date as unknown,your state may be different,but as you dont know and Aluma. dont thats my guess as what they are gonna do.

Shes a nice looking boat i love mine.

Mark

Wyldcard

Cadet

I was gonna ask,whats that your towing her with? Mine gets to the lake behind my '76 F-150:D

Got to love the classics.

Mark

Thats my 1983 Ford F 100 has the str8 6. Also can tow with my astro van. Mike

I sent paperwork to the state. Looks like title for boat will say unknown for the year since there isnt numbers on it. I have a 1957 Evinrude 18hp with electric start. Wonder how big of a motor I can go with on her safetly?
Mike

I forgot to ask. What does the FD stand for? Is that one of the better built boats? Also the original ring on the bow where winch hooks to is broke where can I find a new one? Have been hooking winch to the top for now.

Mike

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like a Model K.

It's strange that it's stamped twice on the transom brace. Maybe one stamping was wrong and then corrected? The numbers are 30 units apart.

For the year, I'd ask Alumacraft again about the transom brace stampings, as they should know.

Model K info is in these current posts having the Alumacraft boats specs, thanks to Wyldcard and leadpencil2.
Click Here for 1967
Click Here for 1966

FD.... F is for model F series, D is for deep.
All of these boats are better built boats.
Original bow eyes are hard to come by. Can be scavenged from another boat.

Sometime, if you would, let us know about your boat. Gotta love it!

Looks like a Model K.

It's strange that it's stamped twice on the transom brace. Maybe one stamping was wrong and then corrected? The numbers are 30 units apart.

For the year, I'd ask Alumacraft again about the transom brace stampings, as they should know.

Model K info is in these current posts having the Alumacraft boats specs, thanks to Wyldcard and leadpencil2.
Click Here for 1967
Click Here for 1966

FD.... F is for model F series, D is for deep.
All of these boats are better built boats.
Original bow eyes are hard to come by. Can be scavenged from another boat.

Sometime, if you would, let us know about your boat. Gotta love it!

I haved talked with Alumacraft a few times and was told they dont have any info on those numbers. Even sent sent them some pictures. It is 16ft and 55 inches wide. I paid $300 for both the boat and trailer without motor or seats I put those on when I got her home. I feel like I got a great deal.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

You did get a good deal and a great boat!

Sometime later I'd ask again about your transom brace numbers, but that's just me. Later may get a different answer?

Your boat is quite similar to the FD, but a 16 footer. Enjoy that boat!

I've spent a lot of time in utility boats. Some of what I like about these boats is that they're light and narrow, with a round (soft) chine giving a smoother ride and great cornering. Cornering can be so sharp that you can have a open bucket of water and it not move or spill. In rough water the boat reacts fast to large wave hits from the sides and keeping dry. Can also put a lot of hp. on these boats if you desire.

Performance and rough water handling is sacrificed on the more modern style utility's, for wider built boats.

I did contact Alumacraft again with the numbers on the transom. Once again told me the K is for a different boat that is 14ft and also missing two numbers. The boat does have the aquaeduct transom and also the quarter deck in the front. Also has the sealed aluminum tubes under the seats, and two sets of oar locks. Its strange mine would be 16ft with a K in the numbers on transom if the K is for a 14ft boat. I really wish I could get more info even if just for my own personal info. I can post more detailed pictures if needed. I am going to run an 18 hp 1957 Evinrude with electric start on her. I also have a 1958 10hp Johnson Im going to try, and keep as a back up motor. Mike

Attachments

• 021911162634.jpg
    021911162634.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 021211170359.jpg
    021211170359.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0

Wetteland

Cadet

you have the 16 foot K. they did not make a 14 foot K. the 14 foot is the FD. I have the same boat. Mine is a 1957 K same boat. I would put money on it. you will love the boat very cool you could get away with a 40 hp on the back. I have a 25 hp and she will do 30-32 mph. If you look hard on the internet you will be able to pull some more info up on your boat. Thats to bad thet Alumacraft did not know or have any info on your boat. I have had good luck with them.

Wyldcard

Cadet

I run a '69 Evinrude 18 horse Fastwin on my '67 FD and she rips across the lake just fine with my big hide in it.

Also use a 36 lb. thrust ele. for trolling.I love the fastwin,its a hell of a motor,fires up every pull runs very smooth for its age.

Have fun with your Aluma. and River hit the 'ol nail on the head,these boats are built,mine can take pretty rough waters and still performs just great,very little water gets in her even when its nasty out and on the lake i spend most of my time it gets rough very fast,lol

Mark