• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alumacraft T14S

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alumacraft T14S

My wife and I took up fishing three years ago. Having a great time with a fun outdoor hobby. Well last year I found this boat, a 14 foot Alumacraft model T14s, which came with a transom trolling motor, along with a 7.5 Johmson, which runs great. Very happy!

Whenever I pull the boat I take off the motor and lay it down on the boat floor. I worry that the vibration of the motor hanging off the transom would weaken the metal. I notice one day that when I wriggled the motor up and down the sides of the boat would flex. That just worried me and so I now take it off when transporting to the lake. But do i need to be taking it off and on each time all summer? I see boats being pulled all the time with the motors hanging off the transom.

I'm getting older and don't really want to lift that motor in and out every time I go fishing! I thought of a transom support but didn't know if that would give enough support, and if they would fit on a small boat like this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Working...
X