new to boating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to boating

Hello I am new to boating just wanted to introduce myself because I am sure I will have plenty of questions. My first one is does anyone have any pics of a Alumacraft Flying C boat. That is the boat that i just got and would love to see some other ones like it. It is supposed to be a 58 model. Its in pretty good shape. will be getting it ready in the spring to take out and have some fun.

Re: new to boating

We're glad your here. Is this your boat?.... 1958 Flying C.
    Lucky you!!!

It's similar to the pictured, Super CS.

Here's pics of a Deep C.

Comment

Originally posted by River - Runner View Post
      We're glad your here. Is this your boat?.... 1958 Flying C.
      Lucky you!!!

It's similar to the pictured, Super CS.

Here's pics of a Deep C.

No mine is on a trailer and has a motor. Just kidding thanks for the pics.
      Is that your flying c or just a pic you had on your computer? If its yours could you get a closer pic of the windshield? On mine the windshield seems to be coming out of the aluminum track. There seems to be holes all the way across the windshield and looks like there should be some kind of bracket or tie down.
      thanks again.

Comment

Here are some picks of my "new" boat and her skipper.

Here is the pics of the windshield that iwas wondering what the holes are for is something missing?

the wide dark area is some duck tape that the previous owner put on it.

Comment

One more question approx how much is this boat worth for insurance purposes? I was talking to a friend that has a boat and he said he had to get seperate ins for the boat and motor does that sound right or is it depending on the insurance carrier?

Comment

All my above posted pictures were on my computer and the boats are not mine. These boats are based on the Deep C. The so called 1958 flying C was sold on ebay in August, they are ebay pictures. By chance, I thought it was yours.
            Sorry, I don't know about your windshield. Maybe posting your question on the Boat Restoration and Building forum can give you help.
            You have a beautiful boat and it's in fantastic shape. They're rare and your very lucky to have it. Don't hold back showing more pictures of it. The trailer also looks vintage! The Flying C, Flying D, Model R make me drool. Jeezz..... they all make me drool!
            If you want, by contacting Alumacraft, you can do a production run down on your boat with the stamped ID number on the transom brace.

For insurance, it would be proper to have separate insurance on it but check if your homeowners policy would cover your needs. The value of the rig is hard to determine, the pictured ebay boat sold for $962.00 and it depends on you, for some it's priceless to replace.

Comment

Thanks RR I appreciate the info.

Comment

RR, do you have any more photos of the Deep C? I have a 1958 Deep C, the steering wheel is gone with a plate over where it should have been. I would like to see what it looked like so that I may restore it to the way it was. Do you know the max on what size engine can be put on that boat?

Comment

Sorry, I do not have more pictures of a Deep C.

super cs, a super member here, owns that above pictured Deep C boat. Maybe he can help. I'd start a new forum post on your boat, as he and more members will see it to help.

Comment

nutz - won't let me upload the pic file

Comment

Super CS, if you can could you e-mail them to me at
                      Thanks in advance.
                      Last edited by jbcurt00; May 23rd, 2015, 09:43 AM. Reason: removed email addy

Comment

here are a couple pics of my flying C. she is a ton of fun.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow!! That second picture is a perfect match the the front on my boat. Thanks for posting these 1bigriver.

Comment

By the way I hope you guys don't mind I pulled the pic of the boat at an earlier post to use as my avatar here.

Comment

Never mind about the avatar... changed to one of my own boat pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X