My Deep C

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Nope not yet I still have to replace the impeller for the water pump and paint the lower unit. Plan on working on that while the boat is in getting the seats made.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Picked up some marine grade fir today to make the benches got the pieces cut now just have to figure out the fit and trim some edges, hope to be staining and sealing by the end of the weekend. Pictures to follow.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I spent a lot of time trying to find just the right angle bracket to secure and support the seat back to the side of the boat, could not find one that didn't look ugly. Found chrome angle brackets for bathroom stall partitions that will look great and function well.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
It is all coming together hope to do a trial run and have it all dialed in by the 4th of July.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I shipped off the lower unit to Hayward WI to get the drive shaft replaced by an expert on old motors, it is all coming together nice. Can't wait till next year when the dock buster is on the back max hp going to be a fast pretty piece of tin.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
You're making progress. 4th of July makes it 3 weeks until you launch her. Hope you make that date.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
4 coats of varnish on the bench tops really happy with how the color of the benches goes with the inside of the boat. Dropping the benches off the the morning to have cushions made.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Getting closer every day, I got the boat registered today at the DMV, ordered the graphics for the registration numbers. Few odds and ends to tie up while I wait to get the lower unit and the benches back.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Well I finally got the lower unit back got it painted last night and tonight I got the motor back together even got the top shroud back on. Will have it mounted tomorrow night.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Well, you missed the 4th of July. Maybe you will launch her by the 4th of August. lol

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Yeah still waiting on the seat cushions but I do hope to possibly put the boat in the water to do a shake down cruise this weekend.