1962 AeroCraft Ski Dart Restore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 AeroCraft Ski Dart Restore

My reg. says its an aeroliner...It has been sitting on a trailer since 1979.. Picked it up for 275.00 it was half full of water. Im not sure what i have. been looking for info. Numbers on the hull are DD16297

Comment

stripped all of the paint. Epoxy on all rivets new transom

Comment

i think this is what i have?

Comment

new helm and seat back installed. looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey68 View Post
            i think this is what i have?
            I think that's the 1961 version, sold as a full-fledged AeroCraft.

My boat http://www.aerocraft-boats.org/boats/0000/ which looks JUST like yours (I also just replaced my seat back, and used MDO board, COMPLETELY failing to consider something prettier) has a serial number just a few off from yours, was sold to me as a "1959 Jetcraft" (go figure, but "jet" and "aero" are pretty close). http://www.aerocraft-boats.org is the result of my search for info on AeroCraft boats.

I think our boats are 1960 "Aero-Line (budget models) DD-14's, because the serial numbers are lower than I expect (above 27000) for an AeroCraft boat made after 1960, and did NOT come with the two-tone paint job.

Our boats look MUCH more like the 1961 DD-14/Ski-Dart than the catalog picture for the 1960 DD-14 (which looks JUST like the 1959 RSD), but my theory is that the catalog was put together before the boats were.

Comment

Interesting! I am going to register her soon not sure how i will fill out the data. i would love it to be a 61. I have a 61 ford falcon. Looking for a hitch for the ford.

Comment

Working...
              X