1986 Aerocraft Malibu boat ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

preacherbjh

Recruit
Does anyone know where I can find a ladder for my 1986 Aerocraft Malibu 166? Mine broke and I can't seem to find a replacement. Thanks!

Attachments

• boatname.jpg
    boatname.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
First off, your boat looks gorgeous for an '86, from what can be seen of it in that picture.

Anyway, that ladder design is somewhat generic and was found on many boats of varying makes and models which did not have swim platforms attached. Try searching eBay, greatlakesskipper and so on for "boarding ladder" and you may find something useable. Aerocraft probably outsourced it from a third party manufacturer anyway.

What broke on yours? Maybe it could be repaired. Or did something fall off, and is now resting under the waves?

preacherbjh

Recruit
Thanks. This boat has been well maintained. The metal broke last year. I was going to have it welded but the guy I gave it to lost it, so I guess I look for another one. I'll keep searching--there are just so many boat ladders out there that I can't locate the correct one.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
One of these will fill the bill. Just match dimensions against your ladder.

scubalady

Cadet
Did the ladder that GA_Boater suggested work for you? I've got the same issue. I couldn't find any replacement where the top of the ladder matched the profile of my existing one. It's not a simple round arc...it's more square, and the end of the poles are bent just slightly towards the brackets. As shown in the photo:

Attachments

• photo289128.jpg
    photo289128.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did the ladder that GA_Boater suggested work for you? I've got the same issue. I couldn't find any replacement where the top of the ladder matched the profile of my existing one. It's not a simple round arc...it's more square, and the end of the poles are bent just slightly towards the brackets. As shown in the photo:

He never returned after this thread. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.