lake Conroe Houston Texas

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
My 1st time to this lake, and it was 4th of July, A Great time on water, Made soem new friends, And the Firework show was outta this world... After it was all over at the Marina boat slip. it was wild. I seen a 100,000.00 + boat being pulled with a 1/2 ton truck.... they Burned out a tire trying to pull it from the water. White smoking the tries. shortly after, I seen this cabin crusier, total rip out the lower unit. Unbeliveable..... I had went to get my truck and trailer. and decited to wait. I bet there were 60 to 80 boats trying to leave at the same time. the slip had enoulf room for 4 trailers, but with one or two pulling center, it was a fight waiting to happen...... the police arrived shortly. and ti didn't take long for several arrest. therre were Children running all over. it was a mess. I had never seen a lower unit ripped out like that. Totaly distroying the boat.... it was ugly. It took 1.5 hours for me to sit there wand wait. i wasn't going to dare. Attempt a retreavil, I just couldn't get over the stupidy, drunkness, and lack of respect for others, especially the Children. Just wanted to shre. it's prob. in wrong forum. But it does have a story about the lower unit...... Please be responsable People. that includes drinking..... We Love our Children!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Most the lakes in the country were jam packed this weekend. Conroe is a busy one any summer weekend. Glad you used common sense, unlike many you watched tear up boats and trucks, not to mention the ones given a room for the night.

BTW - Moved this to Stupid Human Tricks. It sure fits, :eek:

Maclin

Admiral
The 4th on the water is kind of like church on Easter, but more like the movie Idiocracy.