photo217111.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1

aspeck

Staff member
Isn't that how they are supposed to be mounted?:confused::facepalm::eek:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I spit coffee on my computer screen.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I agree this is questionable at best. I mean where are the safety chain loops? :facepalm:

dannys2004glastron175mx

Petty Officer 1st Class
If he had to stop quick. His trailer would make that set up turn to one side . The trailer would be pushing the truck side ways .

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Come on WIMUSKY, I've seen this set up all over the Dairyland State!:laugh:

Maclin

Admiral
Look at the tell-tale rust from scrape marks on the bumper on each side of it...this has been in use and used just like that for a while :faint2:

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water. I feel bad because it took me a second to see the problem. That goes on the front bumper. ROFL

64osby

Admiral
I can just see the CL listing.....

"includes a class III hitch"

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
How would that even occur in somebody's head to be the correct way to use a receiver hitch? But yep, the rust on the bumper is proof. Wow

The Rooster

Ensign
Looks like the Red Necks have invaded New England !!! Welcome to my world !!! :eek::D

Last edited by a moderator:

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Damn I never thought to install mine that way. guess I have some changes to make

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states to have something sticking that far off the back bumper. I don't remember the specifics of the law but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to leave a receiver hitch in place unless it has a trailer attached to it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks like the Red Necks have invaded New England !!! Welcome to my world !!! :eek::D

Needs a pair of these though:
truck.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states to have something sticking that far off the back bumper. I don't remember the specifics of the law but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to leave a receiver hitch in place unless it has a trailer attached to it.

Never heard that one before, but then again I've never checked it out. The one for my utility trailer is in all summer unless I swap it for the boat hitch. I'm constantly using the utility, but don't take it out when not in use.. I do know if a hitch is left in and rarely used it will weld itself in place from rust......