My turn to do it. Clean bilge and test pump.

thumpar

Admiral
So I dropped the boat in today and after getting the trailer in I remember seeing the plug on the shelf in the garage. I asked my wife if the plug was in. She says "there's water coming out the side" (bilge pump outlet). I run back to the Burb and yank it out. We had a storm come through a few days ago and wanted to make sure no water sat so pulled the plug which we normally don't do. We carry an extra so put that in after draining. So now I know the auto bilge works. I have read many times that everyone does it at some point but never thought it would happen and after 8 years of boating I finally did it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
On the good side, you know the auto switch and pump work. Not how you want to find out though. :doh:

theoldwizard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Splashed the boat 2 weeks ago. It literally just touch the water while still on the trail when I remembered the plug ! Thank you Lord !!

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was 27km off the coast here on the Great Barrier Reef when the tinny i had had slowly filled with water. I broke the biggest rule of all, I had allowed someone to interrupt my pre launch check. My friend offers to help and I say yeah put the bung in. He did but not tight enough. When your under way not water comes in of course. However, after 2 hours of reef fishing the boat felt different and water began to appear through the floor. I hit the bilge pump and the sounder had just drained the battery enough not to pump. I pull started the motor and the bilge pump sprang to life.......Life lesson. Do all your pre launch checks as a routine and no one else is allowed to do it. A bigger engine is really hard to push start.

Some times an old dog needs to remember the old tricks

Kerry