Today at the boat ramp

oldjeep

Admiral
Not sure what to say other than that they should sell tickets to that show, It was like a holiday weekend since it was the first weekend without full lake no wake since June.

Boydski

Seaman Apprentice
I lived on a popular lake for decades and used to always cruise over to the public boat ramp to watch the entertainment on holiday weekends! I lost count of how many boats, trucks, cars, trailers, etc. were launched and rapidly sinking....

It's a good thing the water is shallow. :D

robert graham

Admiral
I've always thought it might be a great idea to start filming a movie at the ramp....call it "Ramp Fever" or "Boat Ramp Zombies", or something appropriate!....it just gets so darn crazy!..

thumpar

Admiral
Yesterday was really nice here, 90's and no wind. Normally we don't go out on weekends because of the amount of people. It got a little crazy. No more weekends for us. We will stick with the weekdays like normal.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Not sure what to say other than that they should sell tickets to that show, It was like a holiday weekend since it was the first weekend without full lake no wake since June.

Were you at Gray's Bay launch? Maybe you were in line behind this guy, approximately 20 minutes of tying up to the dock that has a sign that says no tying up, casually walking around making multiple trips loading the coolers, fishing gear etc. If you can zoom in on the picture you'll see a cooler he left sitting on the ramp while he drove away so one of his kids to come get later.

Attachments

• photo204713.jpg
    photo204713.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1

oldjeep

Admiral
Were you at Gray's Bay launch? Maybe you were in line behind this guy, approximately 20 minutes of tying up to the dock that has a sign that says no tying up, casually walking around making multiple trips loading the coolers, fishing gear etc. If you can zoom in on the picture you'll see a cooler he left sitting on the ramp while he drove away so one of his kids to come get later.

No, I was at the Minnetrista launch on the other end of the lake. One of the ramps was tied up for 30-40 minutes because someone launched their boat and then tied it to the dock in the launch lane instead of driving it over to the courtesy dock. Took him a while to park the truck and take the long walk down to the ramp, then once he got to the boat he sat and screwed around with it for a while.

That coupled with people pulling their boats out and then either blocking the remaining lane or parking at the bottom of the hill and blocking the next guy was the funny part. Folks having the normal - can't figure out how to load the boat problems just get magnified when one launch is unusable. Nothing to do but laugh and there wasn't really anything you could have done to "fix" the problem since it was being caused by half the people there.

dpoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've always thought it might be a great idea to start filming a movie at the ramp....call it "Ramp Fever" or "Boat Ramp Zombies", or something appropriate!....it just gets so darn crazy!..

Google..or youtube. Boat ramp follies... or something like that. Lots of fun.

Last edited: