Hold onto the rope.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
The guy told the little boy to hold onto the rope and as he launched the boat it drifted away from the dock. The little boy reached for the rope but he couldn't get it back. The guy got all excited and started telling the little boy how screwed they were. I towed the boat back to the dock for them. Later I was telling another guy about this and he told me about a guy who was yelling at his little boy because the kid had hooked him in the ear with a fishing lure. So the guy tells me that he told the guy to shut up that it was his own fault for letting the kid stand that close to him while casting. So then the guy asks for help getting the hook out of his ear. They didn't have any pliers so he said he just gave it a big yank and it ripped right out. YIKES

woosterken

Lieutenant
thats not right!! we got the boat to have FUN. that said......
the first time I let my son help get ready to launch,son put the line on, I told him hold the line, and I backed in,he was sooo excited "Daddy there it goes", I told him dont let go yet,he said "NO THERE IT GOES"I get out to see, sure enough he is still holding the line,but there it goes, (my fault should have checked,he had put the line on the line gaurd ,not through the cleat) I had to walk in the water to cover my wet pants :( laff so hard i wet my self :)lucky it was a cove with no current,another boater caught it and brought it back to us.LOL. to this day ,many years later,he tells me I have it through the cleat!
what's the old saying ,he who has never screwed up be the first to yell
we got the boat ,to have fun and make memories if you cant have fun WHAT IS THE SENSE??
KEN