Hauling concrete

slowjeep

Cadet
Saturday afternoon I was behind a family sedan that was hauling a 16' bass boat. Inside the boat was at least 20 bags of quicrete concrete mix. That's at least 1600lbs of concrete mix.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sounds like they were using boat as a utility trailer...

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
In my old neighborhood there was a guy who did house painting. His vehicle, an 80s Oldsmobile station wagon covered in paint splashes. His trailer, an old rusty tilt trailer with a very old 15' aluminum boat piled high with mis matched ladders.....cover in paint splashes. Now I wish I would have taken a picture.

I once drove my dodge ram to the home center to pick up my new garage door not thinking the 16' door came in 16' long sections. So I drove home and grabbed my 17' fishing boat. Problem solved.

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer
Until a couple of years ago, I owned a house on Lake Novillo in Mexico. It used to be (and probably still is) fairly common practice for people from the U.S. who were building or remodeling a house there to use their boat as a utility trailer for supplies and materials coming either from the states or from Hermosillo, the nearest large city in Mexico.