The Keys went Overboard!

MikDee

Banned
Many years ago, My own 1st boat, I had been boating for yrs with my Dad's 16' Thompson lapstreak runabout, 40hp Evinrude, but, finally bought a 16' Fiberglas Larson runabout with a 70hp 6 inline "tower of power". Went to the ramp for a maiden voyage with the wife, & kids. I was so nervous what with the new electric start, possible more speed, and it was busy!

So, I launch the boat, take out the keys on the dock, and suddenly "butter fingers", and they're in the drink! :eek: on the ramp,,, about 3ft of water. Of course no float on the keyring either, thanks to the previous owner :blue: So, in I go to retrieve them clothes, & all! Luckily they fell straight down onto the wooden ramp, and I had them in no time! But, talk about embarrassing moments! :embarassed: Finally was off on my way, chilled right down from the dunk in the water. :rolleyes:
The first thing I bought for that boat? a float for the keyring!

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class
A friend of mine gave me some good advise. I have a spare key for the truck in my boat. I have a spare key for my boat in my truck. Never had to use them but I have seen the scenario at the ramp many times. Glad you salvaged the day.

southkogs

Staff member
A friend of mine gave me some good advise. I have a spare key for the truck in my boat. I have a spare key for my boat in my truck. Never had to use them but I have seen the scenario at the ramp many times. Glad you salvaged the day.
That's a good idea ... hadn't thought of doing that.