SHT with my tackle box

jrs_diesel

Chief Petty Officer
So I was fishing on Sunday, and after I finished changing the lure I was using (at my truck's tailgate), I closed the tackle box. Secured my lure to the pole to walk down to the shore, and then picked up my tackle box :eek: not realizing that I neglected to latch the lid shut :mad: .

I managed to completly flip over the box and extend all the trays. Took me about 10 minutes to pick everything up and look for all the treble hooks that scattered in the pickup bed.

Oh well, still went fishing. :)

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: SHT with my tackle box

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't done that. Good news is that after you've done it once, you'll probably never forget to check the latch again.

And hey, just be glad that it wasn't on the dock or all your stuff would be in the water. :D

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't done that. Good news is that after you've done it once, you'll probably never forget to check the latch again.

The first part is most likely true. I too have done it:redface:

The second part is false, as I have done it more than once.:eek:

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I agree with Thad...(don't ask me why!)

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

I?ve done this with my corky drifters/bead box while steelhead fishing. About 500 colorful corky?s and beads all over in the river rocks on the bank. That sucked!

37pro

Cadet

Bill Dance has a "professionals tip" for that he says "alot of people pick up their tackle box without it being latched, don't do that":D

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I lose so much tackle some days that I feel like I should just set up, empty my tackle box overboard, and sit back and relax.

I lose so much tackle some days that I feel like I should just set up, empty my tackle box overboard, and sit back and relax.

Try fishing on the reefs down here....if you dont lose $50 in tackle each fishing trip...your doing something wrong. Weights, Fluorocarbon, circle hooks, swivels...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nothing quite like spending a cold winter evening trying to quell the cabin fever by cleaning, sorting and organizing a big tackle box only to dump it all over the kitchen floor when you pick it up and forget the latch. (Wife still laughs about that...)

UFM82

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

:D . With 3 kids fishing with me that is what I need to do. Get it over with at the beginning of the trip and quit worrying about it.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Oh, when children are involved, may as well toss over a couple of rods, and stomp on your lunch.

LongLine

Chief Petty Officer

I did that once, then went out and bought the "World's largest tackle box". It has lids that meet in the middle. Only problem now is that it weighs about 45 Lbs with all the lures I have in it so it's a 2 handed operation to move it. :)

Tom B.
(LongLine)