cast net

stl

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought a cast net to try to catch shad for catfishing. I was practicing in the back yard this evening. You know so I don't look like a complete idiot at the lake, right? Well I ended up getting it tangled on the neighbor's telephone drop. I was able to get it untangled after about ten minutes. But all the neighbors were looking out their windows. Good thing I practiced so I wouldn't look silly.

brunowren

Seaman
Re: cast net

I have kinda done the same thing with Practice casting in the front yard. Someone drove by and yelled out "did ya catch anything?" I wanted to yell back something smart, but you know you can never think of it then!

SoulWinner

Commander

I always practice in the front yard prior to my first fishing trip of the season. You know, your throwing muscles get lazy, and that leads to some interesting casts.<br /><br />I got two videos that showed me a really great throwing technique. If you wanna borrow 'em I'd be happy to send them to you. They'll have you throwing like a pro in no time.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Brunowren,<br /><br />You should say, "Yeah, I caught your attention".<br /><br />I keep my fly-casting practice to the back-yard. Not to hide it, but due to the number of trees in the front yard.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

People with those things are funnier to watch than a teenager trying to teach himself how to 'look cool' with his first set of 'Nun-Chucks'.<br /><br />When I see someone with either one---<br /><br />I can't help myself, I wait until they are in the middle of their 'dance', and toss them a open can of beer. <br /><br />It works every time,,, <br /><br />they beat the snot out of themselves trying to stop and catch the beer.<br /><br /><br />Ohhh,,,,<br />Best thing I ever found for catfishing is common grocery store raw and frozen shrimp-- the cheaper the better.<br /><br />In addition to snagging the most, and biggest catfish,,,,, they are pretty easy to catch in your minnow bucket (compared to live bait) when you're really drunk.