Boat Names

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat Names

I saw a picture of a boat a few weeks ago that was named "My Dixie Wrecked" made me giggle a bit.

Chris

oakrodent

Recruit

I bought 3 Wellcraft Classic 210s last year. The first one cost me $30 from a co-worker. The other two cost under $300 each with trailers. With parting out the other two and selling the trailers I still only have $30 into the original boat. Her name is " Thirty Dollar Queen" I'm going to post some pics on another thread once she is done.

ericv26

Seaman Apprentice

we named ours "full house" since between the wife and I we have 6 kids

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We bought an old Sea Ray SRV200 this winter. She is red and the top cap is white. Looks like a red solo cup, so that's her name. Red Solo Cup. We've gotten all kinds of comments from people who like the name.

Starcraft_CSS

Seaman Apprentice
After alot of contemplating and some help from friends this is what I came up with. Norah is my Daughter's name.

p706339965-4.jpg

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Our is a 1971 glasstron v156 sportster. We named it hillbilly therapy. We will be putting name on it soon. I will post pics before and after.

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer
We just named our second boat, after mulling over a bunch of different names we decided to stick with the same.. Besides, people at our favorite "close" lake already recognized the name we'd used on the old boat.

20140726_114907_resized.jpg

blueghostf8

Cadet
I told my wife I would name my "new" 1967 18' star craft after her. Combined with the brutal winter we had last year, I decided on- The Bi-Polar Vortex. She was not amused. The "Vortex" with the 90hp Evenrude runs like a dream and can handle Lake Superior. We've been out to the sea caves near Cornicopia Wi.; and visited some of the Apostle islands so far.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
NOT GUILTY , PENANCE , SINNER , KILOS , DEATH FROM ABOVE ,

Last edited:

Mac3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My boat is Mac3 because my name starts with Mac and this is the 3rd boat I've owned and it goes very fast. (A play on Mach3)
There was a prolific NZ designer Richard Hartley and I saw one of his designs named Hartley Wharf Banger. But the best one I have ever seen is Free and Easy....cmon now....really

knottythotts

Recruit
First boat had no name, the second was Wet Dreams which I thought was so good till I found a hundred boats with the same name, so to play off of that, the wife and I came up Knotty Thotts, for out home made run about.

joetheis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sold my 19' O Day Mariner sailboat (Pregine), ("I don't like sailing, wha wha wha". "I TOLD you to duck when the boom was coming over"!!), to buy a Silver Line 20' cuddy (It's a Keeper).
My wife got hooked........ on fishing and we had to sell that to a fishing boat, Grumman 19' SF.
This boat is "PFB"............. Patty's F........................... Boat!
Joe