Boat Names

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I heard a good one a while back, about a guy who named his boat "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY".<br /><br />Everyone thought it was pretty funny until the first time he used his VHF. Needless to say, Coastguard were not very amused and he had to rename very quickly...

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Boat Names

and i imagine with all the dotcom generation, we'll see alot of abbrev. signatures... i know i can visualize some good ones...<br />too bad it seems many names were created b4 considering the consequences...<br />this is not a problem for bassboat owners as far as i know. i've not seen any named.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You're right Ebbtide, I'd say there'll be some good ones out there from the dotcom boys and girls...<br /><br />I must admit, it still cracks me up when I think of the sheer stupidity of trying to identify yourself on a marine band radio when the name of your craft is "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY". I'd love to hear a recording of that fatefull broadcast if one exists!<br /><br />Seen or heard of any other bad boat names that can compare to this ?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

How about a 23foot CC called "Stinkin Sinker"?<br /><br />Or a flats rig called "Floater-N-Walker", Owned by a guy who's last name is Walker.<br /><br />And "Explative Deleted"

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

(LOL) :D Now I'm laughing too much and I should be working...<br /><br />"Stinkin Sinker" ....I can just imagine that boat!

meant2be

Seaman

I was looking to buy my first boat this year, just in time for Summer. On the spur of the moment my wife and I stopped and looked at a few. We separated and without knowing it, we both ended up at the same boat at the same time, opposite sides. <br />We both liked the same things about it. 17' bowrider. When we inquired about it the salesman said that someone else had just put a deposit on it. I told the salesman to let me know if the deal falls through and could he go ahead and run the financing numbers just incase. <br />Two weeks go by and both of us had completely forgotten about the boat. I received a call from the dealer in the morning and we drove off the lot that afternoon with our first boat on the first day of Summer, June 21st. Had to name her "Meant2Be" :)

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

While browsing the Crownline owners pages, I came across a boat owned by a couple whose last name starts with a "G" (Green or something). Yep, the named the boat "G Spot"

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I named by "ugly" (by my wife's definition) the "dog house" since that's where I've been since we've been married, even more so since I bought the boat!<br /><br />ps.. She loves to fish but still jumps me for getting the boat!<br /><br />go figure!

sprithunter

Seaman Apprentice

Because of all the problems i've had with my boat the name just fits. Not to mention all the nasty things the wife calls it and me. (Don't need any kids repeating what I call it on the dock.) :D :eek:

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Heard tell of a fellow who named his boat "On Business".<br /><br />When his secretary took calls for him she always said (truthfully).... "Sorry, the boss is not in now, he's out On Business". :D

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In NZ there is a yacht builder by the name of "FARR". Naturally, the yachts are Farr 26 or 28 etc depenmding on the length. One bloke bought one & just had to name it "Farr Q". His tender was the "Farr Q2" :rolleyes:

My uncle had a boat with a central wheelhouse that looked quite a bit like a portable outhouse. He named the boat Port-A-Potty. LOL

kenjudy1

Seaman Apprentice

Hada commercial salmon troller in Coos Bay named <br /> Thishful winkin

van4657

Cadet

Ive got a little 15 ft Malibu Called "TUB TOY"<br />I let my Kids paint it on the back always gets a laugh