Boat Names

Government cheese

Seaman Apprentice
I've been thinking of "Sunken Dreams", on account of the fact it sunk a few years back. Maybe the " SS Hole", but most recently I've been partial to "For The Girls", girls being wife and two daughters.

I saw " Idi-Yacht" in a catalog.

theck4291

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Just bought my first boat off of my wife's father, whose last name is "Fisher", and he named his the Fisher Crew... Well our last name is Heck, and my wife just wanted to call it the Hauler, but we decided on Heck Holla(in a southern accent it sounds the same, and since we are from the north find it kind of funny!)

Attachments

• photo228451.jpg
    photo228451.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo228703.jpg
    photo228703.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0

64osby

Admiral
Just bought my first boat off of my wife's father, whose last name is "Fisher", and he named his the Fisher Crew... Well our last name is Heck, and my wife just wanted to call it the Hauler, but we decided on Heck Holla(in a southern accent it sounds the same, and since we are from the north find it kind of funny!)

Hope you did the renaming ceremony to appease the sea gods.:eek:;)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Hope you did the renaming ceremony to appease the sea gods.:eek:;)

I did the ceremony when I got my new-to-me boat and re-named her. But I just saw that she probably had a name prior to the one before mine too. I could see it under certain lighting conditions, as it was probably covered over sometime in the past. Is there some kind of ceremony for that?

Mudbug63

Recruit
"Whole Lotta Rosie" Referring to a AC/DC song lyrics. Just rebuilt 1990 24 foot Tracker Pontoon....Big and slow but does everything we need.

"Wanna tell you a story
'bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Here was an interesting set up .. I guess if ya gotta have it ya gotta have it ..

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
My boat had "Quality Time" on it when I bought it. I'm going to change it to " All My F'n Time".

Swoosh3

Seaman
How my present boat became Swoosh 3;
Swoosh
When I was maybe 7 or 8 yrs old my dear ol' Dad (RIP) built me a boat out of a couple sheets of plywood. It had a roto-tiller engine hard mounted on a tilt bach towards the stern, a two piece shaft with a sheer pin connection running through a couple bearing blocks and down through the hull.
Steering was by tiller..No reverse, My dock spot was off the end for easy in/out. It was well known and well used for many a year till it finally was too rotten.
It finished out its life as my Grandma's veggie and flower garden.

Swoosh 2
20 some years later after my employer at a fiberglass company skipped town with-out meeting his financial obligations (my and others pay) I took it upon myself to load up a nice sturdy(overbuilt) 13' boat, a fantastic, stable boat that did exactly what we all want out of a boat..Keep the lake out. I still have the Swoosh 2 over 20 yrs later.

Swoosh 3
The end of Sept. of the year 2015 brought me together with my present boat at a price I could not walk away from. I also found that the boat, a 1973 had never been officially or unofficially, as far as I know, named.
What to name her? After kicking around a few names with friends and family nothing was sticking.
Then one day out fishing with my present,and long term boss I tell him the story about Swoosh, which lead to the story of Swoosh 2 and as natural progression took it's course he said "it's a no brainer, Swoosh 3!" and like any boss...he was right..and in honour of my Father, that is what it will be.

In the spring I will have the proper dock-side gathering with all Family and friends to pay homage to the Winds and the Waters so it is all official.
Only then will she actually carry her name on her hull.

Last edited:

Swoosh3

Seaman
I bring you, Swoosh 3,the day after purchase and before the good hull and deck cleaning.

Last edited:

reg93780

Recruit
I just finished reading all 95 pages of this thread! Got some good laughs and fun ideas but still haven't found that name just "sticks". We have a green Nitro fish 'n ski that does much more playing than fishing these days. Anyone have any suggestions?

littlerayray

Lieutenant
I just finished reading all 95 pages of this thread! Got some good laughs and fun ideas but still haven't found that name just "sticks". We have a green Nitro fish 'n ski that does much more playing than fishing these days. Anyone have any suggestions?

Think of you and your family's passions a name is personal we can't help it took me 3 years to give my boat a name just be sure to do the proper christening