Boat Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Names

I heard a good one a while back, about a guy who named his boat "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY".Everyone thought it was pretty funny until the first time he used his VHF. Needless to say, Coastguard were not very amused and he had to rename very quickly...

Re: Boat Names

and i imagine with all the dotcom generation, we'll see alot of abbrev. signatures... i know i can visualize some good ones...too bad it seems many names were created b4 considering the consequences...this is not a problem for bassboat owners as far as i know. i've not seen any named.

Comment

You're right Ebbtide, I'd say there'll be some good ones out there from the dotcom boys and girls...I must admit, it still cracks me up when I think of the sheer stupidity of trying to identify yourself on a marine band radio when the name of your craft is "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY". I'd love to hear a recording of that fatefull broadcast if one exists!Seen or heard of any other bad boat names that can compare to this ?

Comment

How about a 23foot CC called "Stinkin Sinker"?Or a flats rig called "Floater-N-Walker", Owned by a guy who's last name is Walker.And "Explative Deleted"
        "Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all
        right now."

Comment

(LOL) Now I'm laughing too much and I should be working..."Stinkin Sinker" ....I can just imagine that boat!

Comment

I've heard on the radio of a boat called "orgasm" but I reckon it's a long time comming.

Comment

The wife thinks I should name my boat "Obsessive"

Comment

I was looking to buy my first boat this year, just in time for Summer. On the spur of the moment my wife and I stopped and looked at a few. We separated and without knowing it, we both ended up at the same boat at the same time, opposite sides. We both liked the same things about it. 17' bowrider. When we inquired about it the salesman said that someone else had just put a deposit on it. I told the salesman to let me know if the deal falls through and could he go ahead and run the financing numbers just incase. Two weeks go by and both of us had completely forgotten about the boat. I received a call from the dealer in the morning and we drove off the lot that afternoon with our first boat on the first day of Summer, June 21st. Had to name her "Meant2Be"

Comment

While browsing the Crownline owners pages, I came across a boat owned by a couple whose last name starts with a "G" (Green or something). Yep, the named the boat "G Spot"
                  On the water: 2010 Tidewater 1900 Bay Max w/Yamaha F115
                  On the land: 2006 Yellowstone 32' class C Motorhome w/Ford V-10
                  On the road: 1998 Dodge Durango w/5.2L
                  In the wind: 2007 VW New Beetle Convertible (wife's car)

Comment

I named by "ugly" (by my wife's definition) the "dog house" since that's where I've been since we've been married, even more so since I bought the boat!ps.. She loves to fish but still jumps me for getting the boat!go figure!
                    1996 18' Premier Odeski Tri-Toon w/ 120hp Force
                    1964 13' Boston Whaler Custom Center Console with 1986 Merc 35
                    2004 Honda Aquatrax F-12x

Comment

Because of all the problems i've had with my boat the name just fits. Not to mention all the nasty things the wife calls it and me. (Don't need any kids repeating what I call it on the dock.)

Comment

Heard tell of a fellow who named his boat "On Business".When his secretary took calls for him she always said (truthfully).... "Sorry, the boss is not in now, he's out On Business".

Comment

In NZ there is a yacht builder by the name of "FARR". Naturally, the yachts are Farr 26 or 28 etc depenmding on the length. One bloke bought one & just had to name it "Farr Q". His tender was the "Farr Q2"

Comment

Had a friend who named his boat "Shut Up And Bail" -

Comment

I call mine Lil' Zipper. Here's why. 16ft Glastron, about 1500#'s w/motor and gear. 1979 Mercury 140hp outboard http://www.myfishingpictures.com/sho...hp?photo=13003 Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X