Big boat get's dropped in the water video.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Big boat get's dropped in the water video.

That was painful to watch, I can just imagine what the owner must have thought if he/she was on board the launching vessel.

wellsc1

Petty Officer 1st Class

HondaPower, even expecting it to be painful, it still hurt to watch!:eek:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Been around a while that one. Still does not get any easier to look at the waste of a boat though.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I still can't imagine what that crane operator was thinking once the boat started spinning???? Hope they were insured and can find another line of work or another use for that crane because I think they're reputation is shot!

j_martin

Admiral

That was 2 cranes, and 2 operators. The near one started down and the far one didn't. Maybe he lost a drum brake. Add P-poor rigging to that, and you have a disaster.

At Arrow tank, they do multi-lifts like that with huge loads every day. Believe me, the equipment goes through some terrific safety testing on a regular basis.

my 02
John

Knightgang

Lieutenant

The video looked like they were bringing the vessel aboard a transport ship, and yes, i agree the rigging was questionable. Man that hurt to see...

robert graham

Admiral

That really sucks! Boat looks like it might be $500K or better. Hope nobody was in it. Guess they might salvage it if it didn't just sink in that muddy water! What a screw-up!

j_martin

Admiral

That really sucks! Boat looks like it might be $500K or better. Hope nobody was in it. Guess they might salvage it if it didn't just sink in that muddy water! What a screw-up!

That's not the only video of that drop. There were 2 men on it. They survived.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

That's the fourth or fifth video of that kind of disaster that I've seen in the last couple years. I'm only counting the bigger craft, evidently this happens way too often.:eek:

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is how to transport boats
23613-special-feature-dockwise-685-yacht-express-8.-yacht-express-submerged.jpg

Yes it is, cost a huge DIME too...
"If you have to ask, You can't afford it...." I would have to ask. Railroad Mike

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Yes it is, cost a huge DIME too...
"If you have to ask, You can't afford it...." I would have to ask. Railroad Mike

I don't have to ask, I already know I can't afford it...

I saw something on yatch transport like that a while back. The owners may have them transported like that to say the Mediterranean, then fly over there to board and vacation for a few weeks, then fly home and have the boat transported back, or to their next vacation spot. It is like $250,000 per trip depending on the size of the yatch...