Well... not quite a "Trick" but VERY Stupid!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
around here we get the dog swimmers on the boat launch docks. Dogs aren't allowed on the beach so they bring Fido to the launch and let him swim. I love dogs and I'm all for letting them get a swim in but when a boat is coming in or trying to leave get out of the way.

some are good about it, and some seem to think it is funny when their dog jumps on you all wet or is just in the way in general

sliver240

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

We beat it....lol

Attachments

• photo268959.jpeg
    photo268959.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

sliver240

Seaman Apprentice
I was a passenger on my friend's Stratos Bass boat this Bass Open. We were doing about 55mph through a channel we'd been through earlier. He was off his gps trail a bit and we clocked a rock. Was end of a 4 day trip with 10 guys and 5 boats. We did the Idle of Shame back. I was surprised it held together!!

sliver240

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

The prop wasn't too bad....

Attachments

• photo268958.jpeg
    photo268958.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys! This is like therapy for me. My wife said, "Who else hits rocks?" Well... I guess you guys do! lol ​ They say that misery loves company. :laugh:

sliver240

Seaman Apprentice
Insurance paid $8500(canadian) to repair the lower. 225 Evinrude lower ends ain't cheap!lol I was glad I was just the passenger.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Thanks guys! This is like therapy for me. My wife said, "Who else hits rocks?" Well... I guess you guys do! lol ​ They say that misery loves company. :laugh:

anyone who hasnt hit something either doesnt boat often or is not telling the truth. I have even hit a submerged boat..... it was in the channel under a bridge, moving with the outgoing tide, my guess a 34' sail boat, saloon was about 1 foot under the water

Maclin

Admiral
Mac,

knock one of the blades off of each prop and you know why I named my boat Rockin' Along.....

thats a $600 picture right there

Yup! I had never seen blades bent forward on themselves like that before, the pic does not do real justice, the view in person was much worse :shocked: and happened on the weekend before the big Labor Day plans that year.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
anyone who hasnt hit something either doesnt boat often or is not telling the truth. I have even hit a submerged boat..... it was in the channel under a bridge, moving with the outgoing tide, my guess a 34' sail boat, saloon was about 1 foot under the water

be honest he was going to slow for your liking wasn't he. you just ran him over. LOL

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Nope, whole boat was under water. not until I hit it, did I realize that there is a boat on its side under the water, and based on the prop marks on the saloon side, I wasnt the only one to hit it. not sure if it was scuttled or casualty of a storm. called the USCG and reported it.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
when we were in FL I noticed a lot of boats left to sink in the waters. I always wondered how many were just below the surface considering how many I could see above the surface but barely.