Well... not quite a "Trick" but VERY Stupid!

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My wife said, "You are supposed to be on the LEFT of that black bouy." I said, "Don't worry hun, my GPS says it's only submerged vegetation." Two seconds later... WHAM, POW, SCREEEEECH. Then I said a bad word. :blue: She was NOT impressed.

S.B.D.
1f62b.png
😫

Sad Boat Day.

Attachments

• photo279476.jpg
    photo279476.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 11
  • photo279477.jpg
    photo279477.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
they sell lower units on ebay every day.....

tpenfield

Staff member
Nice work :eek:

I?m guessing you won?t be deviating from the marked channel again.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
dont feel bad, we all have been there

btw, I have pics somewhere of dad's new Bass Tracker in '84 that sheared the lower off just above the prop shaft. he was doing 30 at the time and hit a rock island the size of my house in the spring just after ice-out when water was 3' higher than normal.

I know where the pics are when I took out a $600 set of props

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

My moment of pure stupidity came the second time I took out The Galaxy. My wife and I took some friends of ours out for tha day on the lake. We waited till a bit later in the evening to put the boat on the trailer. There are public docks to unload your passengers and get your truck etc. As I was pulling into the dock there was a guy fishing, (well docks are for boats not fishing) as I get close to the dock he kicks my boat away from the bow, I pull back in,he does it again this happens 3 times, finally I get the boat coming in to the dock again threw the boat in neutral jumped on the bow and jumped to the dock as he is trying to kick the boat away. Well as I reach for the guy to kick his *** I notice my boat moving in my haste I must of put it in reverse with very little throttle well boat goes backwards to the shore where the rocks were. Broke the skeg and chewed up the prop. So I had to hear the control your temper speech the whole ride home from my “first mate”

Attachments

• photo279507.jpg
    photo279507.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4
  • photo279508.jpg
    photo279508.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I had to hear the control your temper speech the whole ride home from my ?first mate?

How about the, "Would you like a towel to wipe that blood off your nuckles?" speech. I would have lost it? Why was the guy kicking your boat out?
In New Hampshire and Vermont you get a $175 or more fine for swiming or fishing from the dock. Silly fishernam, docks are for BOATS!

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How about the, "Would you like a towel to wipe that blood off your nuckles?" speech. I would have lost it?

I don?t know what the deal was with the guy. As I heard the sound of the rocks munching my prop I kicked his open tackle box into the water out of frustration and when I turned around he was beating feet down the dock away from me.

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I kicked his open tackle box into the water out of frustration and when I turned around he was beating feet down the dock away from me.

So you're trying to tell me he was just an idiot, with at least a wee bit of common sense?

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes I think he was mad we messed up his fishing I guess. Heck it only cost me a new prop and a quick impromptu skeg repair.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes I agree ☝️ but I think the boat drifting backwards took away the assault and battery charges that may of come my way. 😎😎😎😝

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Plus I don?t really know how bad we messed up his fishing the only thing there are bluegills. Maybe going for the world record on bluegill or something πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yes I agree ☝ but I think the boat drifting backwards took away the assault and battery charges that may of come my way. 😎😎😎😝
Or it may have saved you from getting some bullet holes. Ya just never know.

Plus I don’t really know how bad we messed up his fishing the only thing there are bluegills. Maybe going for the world record on bluegill or something πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
My wife fishes for food and absolutely loves bluegill. I'm sure she'd be pretty upset if somebody messed up her fishing spot.

And "the boy" likes his bluegill too! Dang. Can't upload the pic from my phone.
I did post a thread about it here.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/fishing/freshwater-fishing/10481608-dock-fishing

Around here docks and piers can be dual use. And deliberately messing up fishing can be ticketed. Depends on circumstances.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I don’t know what the deal was with the guy. As I heard the sound of the rocks munching my prop I kicked his open tackle box into the water out of frustration and when I turned around he was beating feet down the dock away from me.

You should be required to walk back and forth barefoot at the site where you kicked an open tackle box into the water

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes I agree ☝️ but I think the boat drifting backwards took away the assault and battery charges that may of come my way. 😎😎😎😝

Still... Touching someone's boat is like touching somebody's wife. Just just don't do it! :mad-new: