Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joined the club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joined the club

    Well ive joined the village idiot club as of last night.Maybe even a management position.So i cleaned my boat seats last night and then proceeded to simonize them.Well went fishing this am for a little while and it was all i could do to stay in my seat.An i actually know better,lol.

  • #2
    Originally posted by 82rude View Post
    Well ive joined the village idiot club as of last night.Maybe even a management position.So i cleaned my boat seats last night and then proceeded to simonize them.Well went fishing this am for a little while and it was all i could do to stay in my seat.An i actually know better,lol.
    Yea, I am smiling. But not at you. I am actually thinking back to my Armor All'ing days when I Armor All'ed my seats, ONCE! Amazing how quickly you learn that lesson.

    If we all fessed up to it, we all would be life members of the club.
    Tom Boy Boat Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...s-what-trailer
    Rebuilt trailer project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
    '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
    Minn Kota 599 Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

    Comment


    • #3
      Did similar years ago with my 1970 road runner with vinyl bench seat. Turned a regular corner as always did and found myself sliding over to the passenger side. Young and dumb, "look Ma no seat belt" to boot
      94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
      95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
      07 SeaDoo GTX
      Raw Water Pump Maintenance
      Merc Adults Only

      Comment


      • #4
        Give them a shot of "409". That will stop the slide.

        Comment


        • #5
          Used what i had handy vin/water window cleaner.

          Comment


          • #6
            Odd when you think back over the years, some of the totally stupid and even dangerous things you got away with. And that is how people build their experience education. It is only totally stupid if you continue doing the same things over and over again. Otherwise it is just another lesson learned...if you live through it!
            Tom Boy Boat Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...s-what-trailer
            Rebuilt trailer project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
            '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
            Minn Kota 599 Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

            Comment


            • #7
              Day i did the seats i went out fishing ,waves were up a bit i barley lived,lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
                Did similar years ago with my 1970 road runner with vinyl bench seat. Turned a regular corner as always did and found myself sliding over to the passenger side. Young and dumb, "look Ma no seat belt" to boot
                Learn your lesson? I bet that one would have been fun to watch!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EchoNovember View Post

                  Learn your lesson? I bet that one would have been fun to watch!
                  Oh yea, nothing like that on any seat and I'm so good about putting my seat belt on, I even put it on just to back out of the garage sometimes
                  94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                  95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                  07 SeaDoo GTX
                  Raw Water Pump Maintenance
                  Merc Adults Only

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sign up today
                    Originally posted by AllDodge View Post

                    Oh yea, nothing like that on any seat and I'm so good about putting my seat belt on, I even put it on just to back out of the garage sometimes
                    I might have you beat on that one. I some times turn my turn signals on leaving our drive way and coming back, and there are no other vehicles either way. But then folks never ever said I was too bright!
                    Tom Boy Boat Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...s-what-trailer
                    Rebuilt trailer project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
                    '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
                    Minn Kota 599 Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X