Amateur repair Ops.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
OMG that is a major woops for sure. :facepalm: Sure hope you have plans to fix it....without any more screws though.

AgnotGt

Seaman
My first thought when seeing this is that it probably only took 5min for that quick "repair"....

thumpar

Admiral
May have been easier to go from the bottom up. There would have been less chipout. ;)

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I had a friend in high school in the 70's who did a similar thing while paneling the inside of his van!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
cool....at least the guy used spax screws

actually, it looks like a few of the repairs my father made reinstalling the back to back seat bases and speakers in a boat once. nothing a bit of resin, cloth and gel repair cant cure.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Was working at a boat dealership in Md.
​They were prepping a new boat for delivery.
​The "new" owner was there and drunk and hollering about the wait and anything else that his tiny mind could think of.
​The sales guy realized the dual battery and switch wasn't in and they sent a guy with 20+ years of experience working on boat to install it.
​He gets his cables and battery and switch ready to install.

​All of a sudden we hear a wail of anguish from the "new" owner.
He was leaning against the boat as the guy was drilling screws through the side of the boat to mount the switch.
​The switch was supposed to mount on the thick wood of the transom, not the 3/16" side of the boat.
​The guy was bleeding and screaming.
They fixed the side of the boat and gave him the battery and switch and a full tank of gas.

​This guy was a REAL ass and had his boat in for fixing stupid crap all summer.