Boat Recovery After Some Idiot Got Stuck in The Sand at Sand Hollow Reservior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Why is no one ever around, till ya do something stupid.........lol

southkogs

Staff member
Actually the little bit of beach launchin' I've seen ... I could very easily be that dude on my first try at it.

ziggy

Admiral
Could have been worse.
yep. it could have. ya did good with the long tow strap and the concrete for the tow vehicle.

i haven't been there in a while, but i used to go to lake mcconaughy in western nebraska. it's the sand hills and has plenty of sand just like that in your video. i've seen so many folks stuck there it's not even funny. 4x4's buried till they're sitting on the frames. tall 4x4's even. they use tractors to get them out. i've almost been in your shoes too. thought i'd go camp out there and seen some other folks camping. as soon as i got off the road i knew i was hosed. 2 wheel drive van with posi trac pulling a jetski. it (the sand) just stopped me and i sank in the sand. couldn't even break the tires free to spin them. i did get myself free though. dug me a path and gave it a go. had my route picked out. going through the trees and ended up driving in the lake where the sand was more compacted. i was real lucky and still can't believe i got myself free.

that sand can be a real bummer to say the least. i can't imagine living there. wonderful lake but man, that sand must eat machinery for lunch. a constant maint. nightmare keeping the sand from wearing yer stuff out.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
They could have pulled that boat out with many fewer stages. Once they got the boat partway to the road, the tow vehicle could have just backed down the road like he did on the last stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.