free outboard at the bottom of the lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Our first time at Stonewall Jackson Lake years ago we were running a 55 and a 5.5 kicker, Opened up the 55 to WOT to see what it would do and almost lost the 5.5 . Chained it and the other kicker motors we used after that... Even though we only run a 9.9 now it is chained as well.

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer
My buddy,the 'expert boater' went along with me the first time out when I bought with a bigger boat,bigger motor. That 65 hp Mercury ended up hanging from the steering cable.What a chore that was,to get it back up on the transom. Luckily got a tow from the first boat that went by.
My 'expert boater' was also the guy that told me "a boat that heavy doesn't need transom straps"..

64osby

Admiral
He is just showing everyone he is more techy then mechanic.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
A 'fee' outboard with bent connecting rods! What do you think would happen when that motor sucks in water at full throttle?

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
I think this was a video done, hoping it would go viral and get national attention. If you look real close you'll see a blue colored strap connected to the motor. I'm sure after the camera was off they pulled the motor back up out of the water :)

Blackcrowe14

Cadet
HAHAHA!!!
Please see my topic I posted 20 minutes ago. What a coincidence... that's a Davey Jones!

Status
Not open for further replies.