USING BASS BOAT GAS IN TRUCK

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HELLO ALL, WELL I JUST DRAINED 18 GAL OF FRESH 87 OCTANE GAS THAT HAS BRPS 2PLUS FOUR AND GARBON GUARD ADDED NO OIL, AND WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN PUT IT IN MY SILVERADO, DONT KNOW IF THE CARBON GUARD WILL HARM THE O2 SENSOR OR CONVERTER I AM SWITCHING TO NON ETHENOL GAS. THANK YO ALL IN ADVANCE.

ALLEY MECHANIC

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you're really worried, just use a little at a time. I can't think of any reason the additives would harm either thing you stated. But then I'm not a gasoline or mechanical expert either... :noidea:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If you are that worried,,just leave it in the boat,run it till it's gone. fill up with the higher grade of fuel and that's it. Either way,you will have to buy the fuel anyway,whether its for the truck or boat.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Since it appears you ran ethanol in the past, I would have just run it thru the boat. It is fresh after all. As you need more gas, just start using non-ethanol....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Ya, I am wondering why did you drain it out? I would have just run it and then next time I filled up start running non-E fuel.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Ya, I am wondering why did you drain it out? I would have just run it and then next time I filled up start running non-E fuel.
Me too.

Amazing how many people have this thing about ethanol. It really is not a big problem using it.

82rude

Rear Admiral
id use it with out even worrying about it .carbon guard wont hurt anything atall.im with everybody else though ,not sure why you took it out in the first place but since you did ,toss it in the chev.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Only after a few months of no activity can it become a problem.
Care to explain? Most of the myths that the fuel will keep on absorbing water in a marine fuel tank have pretty much been debunked.

I have had a tank of fuel sit for a year and the boat ran fine the following year.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I SWITCHED OVER TO NON ETHENOL SEVERAL YEARS AGO BECAUSE MY EVENRUDE 115 INTRUDER DID NOT RUN WELL WITH IT AFTR YOU RAN TO A SPOT AND FISHED FOR A WHILE AND STARTED IT BACK UP IT HESITATED AND MISFIRED TELL COOL WATER GOT BACK INTO ENGINE THAN ALL WAS WELL, WE WNNT FISHING LAST WEEKEND AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY NON ETHENOL WITH ME SO I PUT SOME 87 OCTANE ETHENOL IN THINKING THAT I HAD SOME NON ETHENOL IN IT AND ALL WIULD BE OK I WAS WRONG THAT PROBLEM REARED UP ITS HEAD AGAIN SO I DRAINED IT ALL OUT NOW ALL IS WELL AGAIIN THIS IS A CARBED MOTOR IT JUST HATES ETHENOL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES.

ALLEY MECHANIC

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You really need to turn your Caps Lock key OFF, using all capitals in a message is considered very rude in online communities and it is very difficult to read.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Well when I switched to non ethanol fuel my IQ increased, lost 40 pounds, regained the color in my hair got a huge raise and won the lottery with a ticket i found in my drive way.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well when I switched to non ethanol fuel my IQ increased, lost 40 pounds, regained the color in my hair got a huge raise and won the lottery with a ticket i found in my drive way.

Wait a second, that never happened to me. I suppose because I never switched, I always used non-ethanol. Screwed up again...:facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Wait a second, that never happened to me. I suppose because I never switched, I always used non-ethanol. Screwed up again...:facepalm:

Remember a little old man was praying to God one day to help him have his ship come in and win the lottery, he got an answer back from God, "I will do everything I can, but you need to do one thing for me" The little old man asked "What do I need to do to have my ship come in God?" God Replied "You have to build the Dock"

Ba Da Bing!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Why worry about ethanol when hackers are going to take over your vehicles anyway!