Default Printer?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
The wife's Win 7 laptop has two wireless printers set up. Printer A is the default printer. Almost everywhere you request a print job, printer A defaults. The one exception seems to be Windows Outlook.com which handles her email. When you request a print job in outlook.com, printer B always comes up. You can select printer A but the next time you request a print job, printer B comes back up.

What is going on?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Boomyal, certain no computer wiz myself, but do you ever select printer B? If not, remove printer B option from the computer and it will have to go to A. I really thought there was a setting for each app that you manually set to the default for each print selection. But where that resides is anybody's guess...or somebody that seriously know where it resides guess anyways.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Boomyal, certain no computer wiz myself, but do you ever select printer B? If not, remove printer B option from the computer and it will have to go to A. I really thought there was a setting for each app that you manually set to the default for each print selection. But where that resides is anybody's guess...or somebody that seriously know where it resides guess anyways.

GM, do not want to delete Printer B. It is a Laser Color printer to be used selectively. Printer A is the primary black laser for the Mrs to use. Printer A is declared the default printer and works as such everywhere but in outlook.com.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Thanks MT, those links confirm that it is another of bill gates f***ups.

Boom, Gates has had nothing to do with Development of products for many years now, in fact if I remember right, Gates never had anything to do with Outlook even when he was still with the company, that was handled by a whole different division that had is own CEOl