How do I know if I can change the oil in this Pressure Washer Pump

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
HI all, I need some help. I called Briggs and Stratton and they cannot tell me the model number of my machine, hence I cannot get my manual. I am posting pictures hoping someone can tell me if I need to change the oil and how. Is this a sealed unit that you cannot change the oil for? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• photo226072.jpg
    photo226072.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226073.jpg
    photo226073.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226074.jpg
    photo226074.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
mass, I can't say from the pictures but I don't think the water pumps are serviceable. Meaning there is no way to change basically anything in them... But I can't see your setup well enough to verify that. I just know my pressure washer has no place to change oil or anything else... The engine driving it does, but not the pump.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You would think there would be a sticker somewhere stating what model it is, then you could google it to find the manual....... On the bottom of my pump I have a drain plug. Mine is a Comet ZWD. It's a larger system. 13hp Honda motor. I believe when I had a smaller system I was still able to change the oil.... I guess I would really search for that model number..... It's possible the sticker fell off.....

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That pump was made by Devilbiss.
It is a non serviceable pump.
The metal straps will break before the pump itself goes.
You can get a drop-in pump off ebay for about 100 dollars.
They are pretty good pumps for the money.