Help set up my new PC please

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Been in I.T. for 20 years now. Been Using Remote Software for 12 years. Teamviewer for 7 years. NEVER had one issue. EVER. Not saying there couldn't be but, If you set it up correctly with secure passwords between You and the Partner its gunna be hard to crack. But being an Old Dumb Okie I could be Wrong!!!:D

boatman37

Lieutenant
yeah i use teamviewer too. no issues there. my comment on the first page was in regards to him handing out his password to a stranger to let him remote in...lol

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Well I kinda lost my internet this weekend and did the old run around with the provider. "its your hardware".."Um..no its not my hardware". " you dont rent the modem from us so it will cost 50 bucks for us to come out".."Um its NOT my modem..cancel my account please".

Anyways, I just set up my Admin account with the AUC set on high. Ive never had an AV and use the admin account and never had any problems aside from a browser takeover here and there. Im not really worried about getting dumped on..I format and install about every 6 months anyways. I also dont go surfing nefarious sites either. Never open an attachment in email, I use my tablet for that.

I do use Spywarebytes/Malwarebytes and spybot on a weekly basis too along with creating a restore point whenever I install new drivers and programs. But for the most part I dont have any programs on my machine.

I was kinda hoping to get some insight on settings more than anything. Ya know..remove/disable this and that from 'services' and such. Basically just getting this to a smooth running rig.

Thanks again guys :)